1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 60
ANTON
ANTON New Reader
3/12/11 10:31 a.m.

NOT BAD! YOU THOUGHT wider! DO NOT DO SO MANY small details - which are also SURFACE = IMAGE NOT ORIGINAL STYLE CAR, ONLY HIS paints ordinary (not very difficult) SILHOUETTE - such minor details ... FIND THE HOME THAT YOUR Impersonate PROTOTYPE - Dreams! Excuse me please, but this is your prototype represents something like the following (in my opinion !) : 1 - DESIRE ACCESS TO THE SERIES - GT, BUT SMALL WHEEL BASE CHASSIS SHORT AND .. 2 - not very safe DESIGN - CAB DRIVER - short distance to Front Bumper - TOO SHORT TO - at high speed - When you hit head-on - END DRIVER! 3 -?? .. Think of yourself! .. No offense!? (Otherwise there will be success ..)

Ifrom Russia? Anton? (town - Penza) mob: +79273764017. Sorry, I very bad know English .. - I` here : http://foto.mail.ru/mail/vaz21123alllroad/_myphoto/386.html#387

ANTON
ANTON New Reader
3/12/11 10:52 a.m.

WHAT THEN DO NOT DOWNLOAD TEMPLATES!?? WHAT incredibly interesting and mysterious E36 M3 HAPPENS - When I try a last effort presses the key ... but not send, AND ALL ! "i. ... .... u .... " !!?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
3/12/11 11:25 a.m.

Anton-

There's definitely a language barrier at work here. We have your entry, so you're entered in the contest.

cardesigner
cardesigner New Reader
3/12/11 11:57 a.m.

In reply to dyintorace:

I understand it seems harsh, But its called critique! I mean no offense, but rather hoping to motivate someone to come up with an original design rather than posting already existing cars. And yes I did accidentally reply to tuna55 when it was actually for Stavros. And as a side note: Harsh criticism is how great things are designed. If designers are honest with each other and call each other on mistakes or if a design needs to be re-thought then It will help everyone. Just being nice will not produce great design:) I hope I didnt offend anyone to bad, if so I apologize.

cardesigner
cardesigner New Reader
3/12/11 12:09 p.m.

In reply to Stavros:

TUSHAY Stavros... Tushay

Cr8tr
Cr8tr New Reader
3/12/11 12:59 p.m.

In reply to cardesigner: I agree. Start with positive crit and end with negative crit so the person could think more about the designed. The only way to push more unique creative designs from the designer. At the same time we all have to inspired each other and praised each other. Designing take times and effort, everyone deserved some positive crit even if it looks familiar. Look at Hyundai, it looks like a Benz cross between a BMW and Audi or vice versa. Nobody's own anything now.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/12/11 7:15 p.m.

Rotr8
Rotr8
3/12/11 7:46 p.m.

^^^ Someone already built a better more modern version,,,

Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
3/12/11 7:56 p.m.
John Brown wrote:

I actually prefer this as it has less of a supercar feel and more of a real sportscar look and size. I hope the final car has a smaller car footprint.

Sultan
Sultan Reader
3/12/11 9:49 p.m.
Hasbro wrote:
John Brown wrote:
I actually prefer this as it has less of a supercar feel and more of a real sportscar look and size. I hope the final car has a smaller car footprint.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/13/11 12:05 a.m.
Rotr8 wrote: ^^^ Someone already built a better more modern version,,,

Yep, I said all along I would prefer an homage to the Miura. It was my first design priority of three.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/13/11 12:26 a.m.

Guys- For those of us who have submitted, or are working on GT or hardtop type designs, we can quit working on them. Jim from Factory Five posted this on the Factory Five forums:

"To those who want a top I understand but if we are to meet all of our other goals, price, simplicity, and weight, it cannot be part of the initial project. I do not see this car comparable to a boxster or s2000, which while great cars compromise perfomance for daily driveability. What we are making is an elemental sports car in the spirit of a lotus 7 or Atom but with just enough more chassis and body to be comfortable driving around on the street with full size SUVs and Semis in the next lane. For us to try and squeeze a top and functional side windows into a car this price they would be more of a frustrating compromise than an actual benefit. A soft top similiar to the new roadster top is still very possible as an option, but it would likely come after the car is launched."

Though I (and many others on their forum) might feel that it is a big mistake to design a car without at least basic weather protection, that is the direction of the contest. Proceed accordingly.

Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
3/13/11 1:26 a.m.

Damnit. So much for my design.

Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
3/13/11 1:31 a.m.
Hasbro wrote: Damnit. So much for my design.

Again, John Brown, just beautiful.

NXXN
NXXN New Reader
3/13/11 8:01 a.m.

Beautiful, but needs smaller wheels bigger tires IMO

unclebigbad
unclebigbad New Reader
3/13/11 10:14 a.m.

In reply to DaveSmith

Where do I see the entries?

Rotr8
Rotr8 New Reader
3/13/11 10:19 a.m.
Argo1 wrote: Guys- For those of us who have submitted, or are working on GT or hardtop type designs, we can quit working on them. Jim from Factory Five posted this on the Factory Five forums: "To those who want a top I understand but if we are to meet all of our other goals, price, simplicity, and weight, it cannot be part of the initial project. I do not see this car comparable to a boxster or s2000, which while great cars compromise perfomance for daily driveability. What we are making is an elemental sports car in the spirit of a lotus 7 or Atom but with just enough more chassis and body to be comfortable driving around on the street with full size SUVs and Semis in the next lane. For us to try and squeeze a top and functional side windows into a car this price they would be more of a frustrating compromise than an actual benefit. A soft top similiar to the new roadster top is still very possible as an option, but it would likely come after the car is launched." Though I (and many others on their forum) might feel that it is a big mistake to design a car without at least basic weather protection, that is the direction of the contest. Proceed accordingly.

I 'm more than a little bit confused on the mixed signals that are being generated from various sources in this competition, why would you need to put this much effort into a design competition for a purely dedicated track car if you cant enjoy it for extended periods of time on the open road. The enthusiasts (seems to be only a few in the community) interested in a track only car probably don't really car too much about the looks as long as it goes like stink. Then you have the design lead announcing there is no wiggle room for a more complete road car and on the other the president of the company encouraging and absolutely applauding designs like 05xtsy for such a great design( very much of a 'road' car design which has a structured and integrated c-pillar and targa top. Of which is the direction of my first design, now seems 'irrelevant' ) Im wondering when it comes down to the selection of candidates what will be prioritized, a pretty design that is generated from the outcry of a targa from the community or a bare bones track entry???

ANTON
ANTON New Reader
3/13/11 10:41 a.m.

Well - good luck to you all here ! Do not think pissing - about what is in your dream (Car that you create) and be afraid to think that you for this praise someone - whoever he was not ! - - Yes even though it would have been Elvis himself (he was praised for it not to you ..

INDEPENDENT YOU ALL THE SUCCESS AND Freaky in designer attempts !

And, of course - self-realization! (At least the most important project of your car !) ..I have something that's been able to do it and failed - at a time (because he loved to talk - secrets of their own and blabbed, and who else - took advantage of this and live through this in honor and esteem, and I for him - a liar and provakator ..) So - yet you all want to - know how to keep silent! - Do something = invented? - Accumulate IDEAS - THEY are worth far more than you can imagine ! .And I went on that way that just not what I already hide .. and my project I'm on YOUR Talkative - Lost .. (boasted his ideas - including ..) * - JAGUAR E-type - FOREVER !
Bay !..

Argo1
3/13/11 12:42 p.m.

Anton, what language are you speaking? You lost me at hello.

It is disappointing to me that FF is only considering a stripped out Lotus 7 type car. Their own survey on their forum shows that they would lose 44% of their own fans as potential buyers (including me) if no weather protection is included. I don't know of any business that can afford to blow off 44% of their potential business. I have nothing against a stripped out track toy, I just think it should be well enough designed and thought out that options can make it a fully functioning car. The price point that they are trying to hit is important to some, but not all potential buyers. It would be interesting to see how many potential buyers would be lost if the kit cost $12K but was fully weather and road usable. I doubt that it would be 44%. The ideal is a car that can be built both ways.

Rotr8
Rotr8 New Reader
3/13/11 1:31 p.m.

I think that poll actually shows 55% of the potential customer base that are voicing their opinions in the FFR thread

Argo1
3/13/11 1:45 p.m.

Correct you are Rotr8. The number that disapprove of a stripped out open top only car is now 57% and growing....

fuoriserie
fuoriserie New Reader
3/13/11 2:04 p.m.
Argo1 wrote: Guys- For those of us who have submitted, or are working on GT or hardtop type designs, we can quit working on them. Jim from Factory Five posted this on the Factory Five forums: "To those who want a top I understand but if we are to meet all of our other goals, price, simplicity, and weight, it cannot be part of the initial project. I do not see this car comparable to a boxster or s2000, which while great cars compromise perfomance for daily driveability. What we are making is an elemental sports car in the spirit of a lotus 7 or Atom but with just enough more chassis and body to be comfortable driving around on the street with full size SUVs and Semis in the next lane. For us to try and squeeze a top and functional side windows into a car this price they would be more of a frustrating compromise than an actual benefit. A soft top similiar to the new roadster top is still very possible as an option, but it would likely come after the car is launched." Though I (and many others on their forum) might feel that it is a big mistake to design a car without at least basic weather protection, that is the direction of the contest. Proceed accordingly.

Thanks for this info.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/13/11 3:59 p.m.

I for one would like to see an option for a top, even if it added like $1-2K to the bottom line. Having weather resistance would make a car like this viable for me for 3 seasons out of the year.

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/13/11 5:25 p.m.

It's all economics, guys. FF and GRM should probably have laid this out from the get-go, but there's no way in heck that a top and windows can be incorporated at the price point goal. That said, I don't know why they couldn't be part of a future version.

unclebigbad
unclebigbad New Reader
3/13/11 6:44 p.m.
Nashco wrote: Maybe I'm missing something, but has Factory Five provided dimensions on the engine+trans assembly? I think a lot of you guys are underestimating the distance required from the transmission output (think axle centerline) to the front of the crankshaft. A few of these drawings would result in the a cam pulley rubbing on your ass cheeks, and nobody likes that. Well, few anyway. I'm a CAD kind of guy, and I have an extremely hard time believing FF wouldn't be using CAD to create their new chassis. If so, they should have a basic model of the Subie powertrain that they can provide to guys that are designing for this and actually want to make something with realistic and usable proportions. Bryce

They did, and the template clearly shows the begining and end of the car along with driver position.

1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 60

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JdT8aCxHa6QTulcp0hOG9wSnRVfcpOvzngp6gDrHUL2dqlv0ecY2Sc0DLVfNi5Y4