1 2
speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
10/8/11 9:55 p.m.

Well guys my first attempt at the challenge I met a bunch of great guys,drank lots of beer and failed miserably.My C4 corvette broke a tranny right out of the gate.Now I have all year to fix it and hope for better luck next year.To all the staff at GRM Thanks for the great event!!!! Photobucket

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/8/11 10:03 p.m.

It is purty. I am sorry I didn't get to look at it more closely.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
10/8/11 10:10 p.m.

Also first time challenger (although I came with a team which had been twice before). Had an awesome time. Met a lot of cool people and won longest drive and I am counting down until next year.

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
10/8/11 11:28 p.m.

Cngrats! I came with a team last year too and got the bug.I ready for next year to.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/9/11 8:16 a.m.

Your Corvette was gorgeous. Sorry the mechanicals didn't fare better. Given that you're semi-local, hope to see you again next year!

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
10/9/11 9:26 a.m.

I'll be there next year.The transmission would not change out of first and we pulled the pan and it looks like I burned the clutches up by over rev'n the motor.Should an easy fix.I wish I had have more time to look at the other cars guess I'll see them when the April edition comes out.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
10/9/11 9:36 a.m.
speedbiu wrote: Cngrats! I came with a team last year too and got the bug.I ready for next year to.

I am ready for next year. We are going to start building for next year next weekend. That Corvette was awesome. Can't wait to see it next year.

PhilStubbs
PhilStubbs New Reader
10/9/11 10:57 a.m.

my first time out too with my own car. i helped "3 guys from canada" 2 years before, but only on race day. im in st. augustine fl. lol

im pretty happy to place 25th on my first shot and my car is still in perfect working order. too bad i didnt get a few 1/4 mile times, im sure i would have placed better than i did.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
10/9/11 12:59 p.m.
PhilStubbs wrote: my first time out too with my own car. i helped "3 guys from canada" 2 years before, but only on race day. im in st. augustine fl. lol im pretty happy to place 25th on my first shot and my car is still in perfect working order. too bad i didnt get a few 1/4 mile times, im sure i would have placed better than i did.

Where you in the blue Civic beside us?

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
10/9/11 1:05 p.m.

....hoping to compete next year

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
10/9/11 1:18 p.m.
speedbiu wrote: it looks like I burned the clutches up by over rev'n the motor.

Wat?

Derick Freese
Derick Freese Dork
10/9/11 1:36 p.m.

When we dropped the pan, there seemed to be quite a bit of clutch material in the fluid. After seeing it, I'm pretty sure something is clogged and keeping it from shifting. By the time we had the transmission oil pan back in the car, it had started raining and the track had closed, so we just decided to pack up. We'll tear it apart and do an autopsy to see where it failed.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
10/9/11 1:38 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Also first time challenger (although I came with a team which had been twice before). Had an awesome time. Met a lot of cool people and won longest drive and I am counting down until next year.

You won longest drive from... Alabama?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/9/11 1:43 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: Also first time challenger (although I came with a team which had been twice before). Had an awesome time. Met a lot of cool people and won longest drive and I am counting down until next year.

For a minute we thought we might win longest drive.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/9/11 2:32 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
For a minute we thought we might win longest drive.

What about Texas A&M? The Canadians?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
10/9/11 2:36 p.m.

In reply to EvanB:

Longest drive in a Challenge car not towing it. We are towing a trailer with a JK Jackson prepared Triumph 1500 on it behind the challenge car.

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
10/9/11 3:55 p.m.

In reply to HiTempguy:

7004r can't take high RPM's.Alen was one of the pro drives at the event and he didn't know till it was to late that it would not shift.The engine revved so high it floated the valves.I'm still going to have to check that too but it seemed ok Sunday.The humor in it all is it turned a 46 sec lap in first I really wished it would have went to second :)

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
10/9/11 4:03 p.m.

In reply to PhilStubbs:

Thats great.I'm glad you decided to autocross your car and not wait for the drags.We ended up12th but brought home a broke car.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
10/9/11 6:11 p.m.

Man, that's a good first effort. Nice work!

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
10/9/11 6:37 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel: Thanks,and thank you and all your guys at Hong Norr racing.Sat while loading the last car on the trailer the ramp kicked out and you guys save the car and the day.Ya got some beers coming to you next year on us!

PhilStubbs
PhilStubbs New Reader
10/10/11 2:21 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
PhilStubbs wrote: my first time out too with my own car. i helped "3 guys from canada" 2 years before, but only on race day. im in st. augustine fl. lol im pretty happy to place 25th on my first shot and my car is still in perfect working order. too bad i didnt get a few 1/4 mile times, im sure i would have placed better than i did.
Where you in the blue Civic beside us?

Yea, it was a blue 91 hatch with the water drop hood paint.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous Reader
10/10/11 4:36 p.m.

It was great to meet you Chris. I really hope you find the culprit of your transmission troubles. I know that, running right, your car will be a top contender next year.

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
10/10/11 5:53 p.m.

Czech Matt! It was great meeting You and your Father too.I have already found the culprit and help is on its way.I was very exited to see someone at the challenge with such a beautiful car and have it perform just as well. Can't wait to read all about you in the Magazine!Hope to see ya guys next year.

clownkiller
clownkiller Reader
10/10/11 8:41 p.m.

It was a bit of a cliff hanger! Glad to help.

admc58
admc58 Reader
10/10/11 8:57 p.m.

In reply to speedbiu:

I did lift when I heard the popping. Hope I didn't hurt anything.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tUcTcwHtK7Pc7yFWxll4IvZSF10VbYGVtXfNxdi8RVjVva2m2JKlrADpJdgfhVPm