johndej Dork
3/5/22 9:57 a.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/22 2:43 p.m.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
3/5/22 5:22 p.m.

Wally if this is truly your handy work stop driving the bus.......you've arrived !!!!

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/9/22 9:32 a.m.

If it wasn't for bad luck I don't know if Haas would have any... I don't think we can even blame this one on them.

late for practice

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/9/22 10:25 a.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

It sucks, but at least it's not caused by the team being late with parts.  That would be rather dire.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/9/22 1:00 p.m.
trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
3/9/22 2:30 p.m.

In reply to 06HHR (Forum Supporter) :

I guess Fittipaldi is kicking cans, hard life being a test driver.

mke
mke Dork
3/9/22 7:13 p.m.

Haas needs money and no doubt the new driver is buying his seat to replace the money they lost firing the russian money...I mean driver wink

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/9/22 8:14 p.m.
mke said:

Haas needs money and no doubt the new driver is buying his seat to replace the money they lost firing the russian money...I mean driver wink

Do the Magnussens really have that much money?  His dad was a fairly successful sportscar driver, but I wouldn't have thought they actually had f1 levels of money.  I honestly don't know.  Quick!  To the googles!

Edit...  net worth of 85 million.  Not sure that is actually enough.  I would think he would need to bring 1/2 that to be a pay driver in f1.

NY Nick
3/9/22 8:20 p.m.

Lawerence Baretto says that it is a sign that Haas is in good financial shape and said something to the effect that they could hire a driver based on merit rather than having a pay driver. He made it sound like K Mag isn't bringing money. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/9/22 10:02 p.m.

KMag is an easy addition to the team, he'd drop right in and they know exactly what his abilities are. There's some logic to the choice. 

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
3/10/22 8:07 a.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

However they haven't paid the Russian sponsor back, perhaps they think they will win the court case and not have to return it.

NY Nick
3/10/22 8:22 a.m.

Sidepods? Where we are going you don't need sidepods...

NY Nick
3/10/22 8:23 a.m.

If anyone can fix the words and stick Lewis, George and Toto in that car I think we have a winner. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
3/10/22 8:42 a.m.

I am interested to see how Mick and K-Mag stack up vs each other.  I think it will stack up being good for Mick as a measuring stick and for Mick's development as a driver. 

Lets face it, they are developing a new car, they need an experienced hand to help develop a car vs a rookie. So I think it bodes well for the team across the board

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
3/10/22 9:20 a.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

It's a classic Steiner move, but as a Fan seeing Oscar P. out there instead would be far more entertaining.

Keith Tanner
3/10/22 10:12 a.m.
trigun7469 said:

In reply to NY Nick :

However they haven't paid the Russian sponsor back, perhaps they think they will win the court case and not have to return it.

They're not allowed to send money to Russia right now :)

NY Nick
3/10/22 11:23 a.m.

Fun first day of testing today. The Alonso verses Stroll battle was interesting to watch. The Merc with no side pods is visually stunning, I hope it's fast but have no idea. I am not a Photoshop person but scissors and word and I have modified the back to the future scene with the right people.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/10/22 12:33 p.m.

I had to go lookup the sidepods, pretty interesting design. 

Keith Tanner
3/10/22 12:41 p.m.

The CFD department at Mercedes had a busy couple of weeks.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/10/22 1:44 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

The CFD department at Mercedes had a busy couple of months.

FYP.  No way that was in the plan for just a few weeks- that was a plan.  

What's crazy is that they did both with the limited budget for money and aero time.  They kind of planned to hedge their bets to see which one will be better.

Keith Tanner
3/10/22 1:46 p.m.

Maybe the first sidepods were just to screw with everyone else and give themselves another 1-2 race head start in the arms race.

I can't wait to see what that Mercedes looks like on video. I've only seen stills so far.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/10/22 1:53 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

The Race has already published a video trying to describe what they did.  The closing part being the legality of it- and I hope they keep it legal, as it would be a huge problem for Mercedes to change given their constraints on cost and time.

Keith Tanner
3/10/22 2:11 p.m.

Wolff isn't concerned. I assume Horner will be sputtering and complaining because that's his only setting these days. 

Wolff went on to explain the process of liaising with the FIA – the sport’s governing body – on the unique design of the sidepods, telling the media: “The process is very clear: when you go in a specific development direction that you deem as having the FIA a part of scrutinising it, you are exchanging CAD [computer-aided design] data. You’re making them part of the process.”

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/10/22 2:19 p.m.

It looks to me like the sidepod in the radiator area still overlaps with the inside of the front/rear tire so there does not to my untrained eye seem to be a Net loss in frontal Area.  

I am very interested to watch the KYLE.ENGINEERS video about it.  

1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 93

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EeDg98imjspSWkoFYiSVP3SSrYfQJzVuuQlJzSvyezUTqS4RRIa8HRVYOm78JrhX