1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 65
wae
wae UltimaDork
5/26/24 9:21 a.m.

I really want to be a fan of kmag, but he is becoming more and more of a hazard to navigation.

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/26/24 9:22 a.m.

Not the smartest move by Ocon too..

johndej
johndej UltraDork
5/26/24 9:27 a.m.

Yeah I see a race ban coming for KMag. Ocon shouldn't pull that especially on a teammate. Interesting how they'll line up for restart.

wae
wae UltimaDork
5/26/24 9:43 a.m.

Ha!  They asked hulk to talk them through the day.  "It was short" he says....

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/26/24 10:18 a.m.

No further investigation for KMag-Perez incident. Magnussen deserves most of the blame here, but Perez didn't do all he could to avoid it either. As much as Magnussen deserves a race ban in the larger context of the season, I do agree with calling it a racing incident.

johndej
johndej UltraDork
5/26/24 11:28 a.m.

LeClair and Ferrari pull it off.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/26/24 11:41 a.m.

Lewis:  Why didn't you tell me outlap was critical?

Gee, I don't know.  Maybe you are 39 years old, you've been racing for a couple of decades,  and Max was pretty close in front when you pitted.

C'mon, man.  That was a stupid thing to say.  And I'm a Lewis fan boy.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
5/26/24 11:48 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

The way the tires were graining , I think that's a very valid question from Lewis.  Everyone was holding back on pace to try to make their tires last.  Even the announcer said it might have been worth his engineers telling him to take a little life out of the tires for that one lap to gain track position.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
5/26/24 11:51 a.m.

2.5hr long conga line dance.... 🙄

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/26/24 11:51 a.m.

Tires went forever.  George ran 75 laps on mediums, and had pace at the end to catch back up to Lando.

Lewis should have scienced that out all by his own self.  He's a big boy now.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/26/24 12:33 p.m.

Glad everybody's safe but this cracks me up.

Happy for Leclerc. Lots of hard work to make it happen in your hometown.

MiniDave
MiniDave HalfDork
5/26/24 4:41 p.m.

Monaco - the race that wasn't really a race. It was a 78 lap parade.....LeClerc could have done the "queen wave" all around the track as once the obligatory first lap wreck was cleaned up they were all in tire management mode. So, the first six finished in the order they started.....in fact, I think the top 10 finished in their starting order! Finishers 8-10 were a lap down, and 11-16 were two laps behind.

Sainz got lucky as he cut a tire very early on, and the wreck between the two HAAS cars and Perez meant they restarted the race in the original starting order as the back of the que hadn't completed one section of the track. Rules, ya know.

Once they turned him loose LeClerc put 8-9 seconds on second place Pastry in about the last 5 laps of the race, and that was it.

One highlight, we got to hear the Monaco Anthem, followed by the Italian - which is always a hit......such a happy sounding anthem compared to most, which sound like funeral dirges. Also, it was played by a real live band....none of this poxy recorded crap for the Prince! It was nice that Fred got to accept the trophy for Ferrari too.....

Because of Perez' poor performance, even tho Red Bull has won 5 races to Ferrari's 2, they are only 24 pts ahead in the constructor's, last year by this time they were running away with it.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
5/26/24 5:59 p.m.

Despite the race being booooooooooring, everyone in tears at the finish made a great story.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/24 6:40 p.m.

Monaco is a terrible event and has been for years. I can see how it would have been spectacular in the 60s, but now it's just a chance for some of the fastest cars in the world to do parade laps for a couple of hours. The red flag on lap 1 and subsequent tire changes meant that we didn't even get the pit stop strategy attempts. 

But hey, it gave me something to do while cooking breakfast on a Sunday morning :) 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/26/24 7:31 p.m.

Boring, but Mercedes sure missed a chance to get a spot on verstappen. Tell Lewis to hammer time it on the in lap with George holding max up forcing Red Bull to make the touch choice of pitting or not. They made it easy on them. 

Keith Tanner
5/26/24 7:52 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

He would have had to make up more than 2 seconds on the out lap. Not impossible given the amount of sandbagging going on out there, but not a gimmie. I agree it was about the only chance for a position change in the whole race. 

Keith Tanner
5/26/24 7:52 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

He would have had to make up more than 2 seconds on the out lap. Not impossible given the amount of sandbagging going on out there, but not a gimmie. I agree it was about the only chance for a position change in the whole race. 

MiniDave
MiniDave HalfDork
5/26/24 7:56 p.m.

George said he was "just pootling around out here" and easily had three seconds a lap in hand..... so I think it was there for the taking, but Hamster blaming his crew for not telling him to go faster is just silly. How long has he been racing? Yeah, right........

So will it be business as usual and back to our usual race winners in Canada, or will Ferrari and Big Mac have something for Red Bull there?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/26/24 7:58 p.m.

I hate that race.  Such crap.  Quali was good!

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/26/24 8:25 p.m.

I don't mind Monaco in the greater scheme of things. I like that it kinda shakes up the race calendar by acting essentially as a time trial. Plus it has the slowest turns and shortest distance so it becomes an extreme of the design envelope for these highly engineered machines. You don't design a car around any single track, but you certainly don't want it to be absolutely terrible there either. So I kinda appreciate it for the challenge it presents.

But yeah that was a boring race. Hopefully the smaller cars help in two years.

Keith Tanner
5/26/24 9:03 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

Unless the cars are the size of a Miata, I don't think it'll help. It's been terrible for a long time. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
5/26/24 10:35 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Unless the cars are the size of a Miata, I don't think it'll help. It's been terrible for a long time. 

We'll add Monaco spec wings.............they'll be the same size as the ones run at Indy.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
5/26/24 11:09 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

Yeah,so a guy born to the wealthiest place on the planet winning his home race is kinda the opposite of a fairy tale ending for me.

johndej
johndej UltraDork
5/26/24 11:22 p.m.

In reply to kevlarcorolla :

This is F1 we're talking about. Would you have preferred Lance Stroll?

Keith Tanner
5/26/24 11:32 p.m.
Tom1200 said:
Keith Tanner said:

We'll add Monaco spec wings.............they'll be the same size as the ones run at Indy.

No wings front or rear. And they have to run on inters for low grip and short life. 

1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 65

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WXBheuBnZc9z6aYWHaEI0tHNU9UfRYOiHbbWKtugWH8hi8CToAv8JVnk0G3eUnaP