mad_science
mad_science New Reader
4/11/24 10:46 p.m.

I've got fuel cell starvation (or maybe heating) issues. I've got a high-flow, high-pressure pump mounted externally to my fuel cell. It's about even/below the bottom of the cell, but kinda far away on the frame rail.

I'm creating this thread specific to what pump or combination of pumps to run to ensure the external pump isn't losing prime.

I know there are a bunch of integrated surge tank/pump/sender units, but I'm already decently invested in my existing sending unit, external fuel pump and a monster Hydramat.

So a couple of questions:

• What makes an "external" fuel pump external? i.e., could I take my existing Walbro 255 and drop it in the cell, plumbed inline between the -10AN on the hydramat and bulkheads?
    • Or is there a reasonably priced (<$200) internal fuel pump that'd work?

• If not that, what would anyone recommend for a small/cheap internal pump to work as a lift/transfer pump to feed the big external one? Almost everything I see that's "internal" has a push-on intake fitting for a sock thing. Again, I need thread or a barb so I can plumb it between the hydramat -10 and the cell bulkheads.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
72nnA4IK4jAEro1GHDsF4xlHscIEJu2kypMbTKtaTuhqqPRpICWFslJi2HuwxaG8