1 2 3
STS_ZX2
STS_ZX2 Reader
12/14/10 11:20 a.m.
RossD wrote: RWD Focus

My RWD Focus would have 8 cyl and 32 valves. http://forums.focaljet.com/team-rigz/595969-4-6l-v8-focus-new-vids-post-88-a.htm

Might look something like this on the outside:

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
12/14/10 11:29 a.m.

There's a couple of cars that look like they should have been mid engined, but weren't. Such as:

Mercury Capri. Look at all that room behind the driver. Put the B6T back there and you'd have a rear engined Miata.

Buick Reatta: Sure, not exactly a fun car stock, but a supercharged 3800 behind the driver, 5 speed Getrag, and some suspension tuning might make it into something that would have been a worthy successor to the Grand National.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 HalfDork
12/14/10 11:36 a.m.

In reply to cptkirk:

Nice car and project captain

Ranger50
Ranger50 Reader
12/14/10 11:43 a.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote: Daytona. Wanted to do one ever since Mopar had a kit in the 80s. I wanted one that would handle and look stock instead of a drag car though.

I remember that in the MP book back in 97-ish. I too have wanted the same thing.

But really, ANY of the FWD converted NHRA Super Stockers are what I like to watch, even if they do have fat tire syndrome.

Brian

WilberM3
WilberM3 HalfDork
12/14/10 12:23 p.m.

drawing inspiration from both the awesome Durocco and the surprising successes thus far of our XJ-R i want to build a twin engined jeep cherokee

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/14/10 12:33 p.m.

WRX 2.0T powered Justy:

I've got all the pieces if someone else wants to give it a try.

AWD SVX powerd Corvair:

I've got all the pieces for this one too.

Northstar powered Yugo:

Oh wait, someone else IS pursuing that one!

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
12/14/10 12:40 p.m.
SVreX wrote: AWD SVX powerd Corvair: I've got all the pieces for this one too.

That one isn't up my alley but I'd love to read the build thread.

kb58
kb58 Reader
12/14/10 1:19 p.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

No, sorry. Too much risk of the cracked file ending up on the Interweb.

Pumpkin Escobar
Pumpkin Escobar SuperDork
12/14/10 1:38 p.m.

how about RWD to AWD conversion? Here is my favorite:

S14 + RB26DET and ATTESA AWD system from the Skyline

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
12/14/10 1:46 p.m.
kb58 wrote: In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker: No, sorry. Too much risk of the cracked file ending up on the Interweb.

I requested one of the new ebook readers for the holiday so I was just trying to double-up ;)

spdracer315
spdracer315 Reader
12/14/10 3:15 p.m.

+1 But make mine a Terminator powered one.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/14/10 3:41 p.m.

I want to find a Miata with a blown engine, and drop in a Mazdaspeed motor and make it FWD. That would cheeze off some folks.

iceracer
iceracer Dork
12/14/10 6:13 p.m.
spdracer315 wrote:
+1 But make mine a Terminator powered one.

With that much weight in front of the front wheels, how do they keep the rear wheels on the ground.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
12/14/10 6:41 p.m.

I forget his username on here, but someone did a twin-engined Corrado. Just take away the front engine, and that's what you want to do.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
12/14/10 10:34 p.m.
cptkirk wrote:
amg_rx7 wrote:
Hey thats my car........ I saw on my photobucket account that people on this site were viewing my pictures and was intrigued as to what the site was. If you want to read the full build diary you can find it here:Cpt Kirks Mini Build Diary You will have to register to view the photos, lets face it, its not very interesting without photos. To wet the appetite the motor is a std Honda K20A2 from the Acura RSX with a Jackson Racing Supercharger, 4-2-1 stainless exhaust. It runs 288HP at the hubs + 190 ft/lb torque. Weighs in around 750Kg's & it'll do 0-60 in 3.4secs and 0-100 in 8secs dead. The build was not without its ups and downs, mostly downs, but I got there in the end and I love driving it.

Sweet!

RossD
RossD Dork
12/15/10 7:22 a.m.

Althought a V8 focus is neat, I'd sitck with a high strung zetec or duratec. Hell you could probably keep the ecm if you did it right. My other thought would be an early '00s taurus and slap in the drivetrain from a mid '90s thunderbird. Add in some reinforcements and its probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a modern Ford Falcon.

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
12/15/10 7:57 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I want to find a Miata with a blown engine, and drop in a Mazdaspeed motor and make it FWD. That would cheeze off some folks.

that's really funny, actually.

but would be a big, big job to make fit. You'll need a bigger plasma cutter.

Conquest351
Conquest351
12/15/10 8:49 a.m.

Hey guys, I'm a no0b. Long time lurker, first time poster actually. This topic is right up my alley.

Years ago I took a 1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi and swapped the 2.6L Turbo for a 351-W Ford V8.

My next dream is to get a Dynacorp 1969 Mustang Fastback chassis and make it mid-engine RWD. I think a poked & stroked 351-W and a Ricardo 6-speed transaxle from the Ford GT would work nicely. Matter of fact, I had a dream about this car, planning and designing it in my head. Build a firewall just behind the front seat and use the rear window from a Ranchero.

Anyway, I have it all planned in my head, and it'll prolly end up costing a ton of money to make it happen, and make it right. Maybe one day...

Laters,

Brian

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
12/15/10 8:58 a.m.
STS_ZX2 wrote:

:cleaningupthedrooloffmykeyboard:

AquaHusky
AquaHusky New Reader
12/15/10 10:26 a.m.

I looked at my 95 Grand Am and thought about a RWD conversion myself. But I won't do it. I don't have the tools needed.

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/15/10 11:12 a.m.

they're far too rare to convert to RWD now, but a Mini Marcos with the engine at the back could be fun.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
12/15/10 11:37 a.m.
RossD wrote:

OH MY YES!!!

Mrs. Zero is drooling on this as well . . . and she doesn't like the Focus . . .

Conquest351
Conquest351 New Reader
12/15/10 11:43 a.m.

Here's the forum posting with tons of pics on the Wagon...

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-rigz/625895-2000-focus-wagon-4-6-dohc-v8-lots-pics.html

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/15/10 3:34 p.m.

In reply to Conquest351:

I like the way you think!

BowtieBandit
BowtieBandit New Reader
12/15/10 3:42 p.m.

Anyone ever been under the hood of a mid ninties Camry, with the slanted 2.2 engine? TONS of room, plenty enough for a V8, I've been itching to swap in an LS motor, build a tranny tunnel, but do everything I can to make it look, and even sound, stock.

I popped the hood on one at work and thought to myself (this thing has a ton of room! HMMMMMMM.)

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iAXuxNp8DECQ2hwRUiNGetmn0F2x2h42cDAGkffE1jg6Tjwk86tTWwya3gzEXW0v