1 2 3
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Publisher
7/31/24 10:51 a.m.

I'll squeeze it in somewhere--it's just a baby forklift! And yeah, the more I learn the more I'm thinking the answer might just be "buy a pre-engineered steel mezzanine." I need to investigate those used mezzanine dealers and see what the reality is there. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/13/24 7:28 a.m.

Drifter/youtuber, Taylor Ray, recently put out a video with a pre-engineered, mail order assemled steel loft. 

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
8/13/24 4:42 p.m.

I did a mezzanine setup using palet racks. A couple longer beams span the two horizontal racks to form it.  I'm about $1200 in the setup since the wood was included in the sale.  Picked up the two horizontal and green shallow rack from a music store closing then the blue center rack from a guy that resells them.  

Cyclone03
Cyclone03 New Reader
8/14/24 12:03 a.m.

I don't have mezzanine  but I do have 24' of 3 pallet rack shelves. 
The only mistake I made was I bought 10' up rights for my 12' ceiling. 8' would have been fine.

If you use the uprights as a base for a mezzanine I would bolt it to the floor and wall.

I think you can get 16' spans now,bolted to the floor you could put the first "shelf" 8' above the floor then tie 2 together for an 8' floor.

Like Lego you could easily put together a setup that would hold 10,000 lbs.,but you have to bolt it to the floor.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0TBvRGnqexXCvOCCmMBZcDPSWIWYwRhAx0S0FkO0nAnjz8ibUXjc84LnR5jUXDbr