1 2
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/20/15 9:22 a.m.
Ian F wrote: So if the cards are a necessary evil, why were they absent from this issue? Was it a decision or a printing "oops"?

We're switching fulfillment houses. On the consumer end, you guys shouldn't notice much of a difference. Any difference should be positive, actually (Better timing of notices. More/better options for renewing, etc). We just sort of outgrew our old place.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/15 9:33 a.m.

In reply to Ian F:

It's part of an elaborate April Fools prank. Next issue is going to be hidden in an exploding bag of subscription cards.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/20/15 9:45 a.m.

Where does God fit in?

I like the stubs; good bookmarks, decent coasters for sweaty glasses and not a bad little airplane.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/15 9:46 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
Ian F wrote: So if the cards are a necessary evil, why were they absent from this issue? Was it a decision or a printing "oops"?
We're switching fulfillment houses. On the consumer end, you guys shouldn't notice much of a difference. Any difference should be positive, actually (Better timing of notices. More/better options for renewing, etc). We just sort of outgrew our old place.

I shall now refer to these places as "fulfillment houses of ill repute".

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/20/15 10:41 a.m.

The lose cards stuck in the pages aren't what bothered me, it was the ones fastened into the binding that pretty much made the magazine open to that page.

Here is an idea: whatever advertisers you put on the page with the rigid, bound card, charge them double, because everybody is going to have to look at their ad in order to tear the subscription card out.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
2/20/15 11:05 a.m.

Weirdly enough, advertisers hate to share a spread with a bind-in. I prefer them, though, because they don't turn into instant litter.

Margie

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cGxeVZF7QMzwtSimNH4yktGugc8SF0eIBw4VVdN8GOhBqIyVQvmOnh97dSGrNiwq