bigwrench
bigwrench New Reader
1/27/09 9:04 p.m.

Saw report they are discontinuing the S2000!!

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Reader
1/27/09 9:15 p.m.

Yeah, Honda has said they were gonna do this for a few years now.

They've been doing a lot of testing with something the rumors are trying to call a new NSX, though it's FR, and therefore NOT an NSX, lol. It's supposed to have more cylinders than a Honda is allowed to, though (V8, V10, or V12).

Gotta love rumours!

bigwrench
bigwrench New Reader
1/27/09 9:21 p.m.

On Speed they reported that they announced it Monday.

noisycricket
noisycricket Reader
1/27/09 9:38 p.m.

First there was the S500.

Then they bumped the displacement, and it was the S600.

Then they bumped displacement again, and it was the S800.

Then a bunch of other stuff happened, blah blah blah

Displacement: 2 liters. S2000.

Bumped again: S2000. Huh?

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin HalfDork
1/27/09 10:09 p.m.

S2200 doesn't have quite the same ring to it as S2000.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
1/27/09 10:44 p.m.

it was a decade car, Honda has been doing this since their advent. Some they have kept, some they haven't, NSX was a car for the 90s, S2K for the 00s, I believe Civic was the 70s and Accord the 80s. Hopefully the next decade car will be just as cool and exciting as the S2K, lets just hope they add in torque, what would be cool if we got a FR with a street version of the Acura ARX LMP V8s, but that is too radical for Honder.

Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
1/27/09 11:25 p.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: Yeah, Honda has said they were gonna do this for a few years now. They've been doing a lot of testing with something the rumors are trying to call a new NSX, though it's FR, and therefore NOT an NSX, lol. It's supposed to have more cylinders than a Honda is allowed to, though (V8, V10, or V12). Gotta love rumours!

NSX cancelled: http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=804405

PHeller
PHeller Reader
1/28/09 12:44 a.m.

Instead we'll get the CR-Z

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Reader
1/28/09 7:32 a.m.

I never really could get into the S2000....

And i'm probably the only person here that thinks that way.

But here, i go... i have a short list of 3 cars that i feel were better suited to me personally, for similar or way less cash.

MR2 Spyder

RX8

Miata!

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
1/28/09 8:39 a.m.
Hasbro wrote:
ReverendDexter wrote: Yeah, Honda has said they were gonna do this for a few years now. They've been doing a lot of testing with something the rumors are trying to call a new NSX, though it's FR, and therefore NOT an NSX, lol. It's supposed to have more cylinders than a Honda is allowed to, though (V8, V10, or V12). Gotta love rumours!
NSX cancelled: http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=804405

Why were there just new spyshots or what not released of it?

GregTivo
GregTivo Reader
1/28/09 1:47 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: it was a decade car, Honda has been doing this since their advent. Some they have kept, some they haven't, NSX was a car for the 90s, S2K for the 00s, I believe Civic was the 70s and Accord the 80s. Hopefully the next decade car will be just as cool and exciting as the S2K, lets just hope they add in torque, what would be cool if we got a FR with a street version of the Acura ARX LMP V8s, but that is too radical for Honder.

CRX was the decade car for the '80s

Civic CVCC was the car for the '70s honestly

the Accord has always been bread and butter to Honda, along with the Civic and Jazz.

GregTivo
GregTivo Reader
1/28/09 1:50 p.m.

Anyway, I'm glad I bought my S last month because I see prices going back up to MSRP now that dealers know there's no real reason to sell the last of their showroom stock when it could still attract people. Atleast, that's the way I see it.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar Dork
1/28/09 2:00 p.m.

Are they immediately killing it, or is it more of a "no more refreshes" kinda thing?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/28/09 2:14 p.m.

OOOOOOHHHHHH NSX. I saw a gun metal gray one with the older pop up headlights yesterday. It was parked next to me when I came out of the store

In my book it is one of the 10 best cars ever. I want one!!! It is one of those cars that is on the "I will own one at some point(that I actually could possibly afford) list "

skruffy
skruffy Dork
1/28/09 2:23 p.m.

Meh, the NSX will always be the Accord of supercars. Like a 911 but more reliable and less fun.

I'm not bitter that they're still retarded expensive and I really want one...

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
1/28/09 2:58 p.m.
skruffy wrote: Meh, the NSX will always be the Accord of supercars.

I'd consider that a compliment.

GregTivo
GregTivo Reader
1/28/09 5:47 p.m.
belteshazzar wrote: Are they immediately killing it, or is it more of a "no more refreshes" kinda thing?

The '09's are leftover sheetmetal and components of the '08s carried over. Its just cleaning out the factory now.

GregTivo
GregTivo Reader
1/28/09 5:56 p.m.
skruffy wrote: Meh, the NSX will always be the Accord of supercars. Like a 911 but more reliable and less fun. I'm not bitter that they're still retarded expensive and I really want one...

My dad has one and I'd say its every bit as fun as a 911, but a 964 rather than a 997.

It was outdated about a decade ago. Compared to its contemporaries, it was terrific though and lightyears more reliable. Well worth the entry price in 1991. Honda, though, is not a boutique car company like Ferrari though and built the car as a showcase, not a profit center, so there was little reason to keep it completely fresh. Same thing with the S2000. Honda would rather make money than try and really eat into the high end car market, which is fickle in the best of times. If they make one good sports car a decade, that's pretty go for them.

Osterizer
Osterizer HalfDork
1/28/09 6:43 p.m.
ArtOfRuin wrote: S2200 doesn't have quite the same ring to it as S2000.

You're kidding, right?

We could have has the S-Twentytwo-double-ought! Hell, I might start calling them the S2-triple-ought!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kIZ8Vj4Dbj9FCga5UlQyLHH8NcLPJLSFOiCbVUipR7tXlLLvq27uWmHO4Rzx06A7