1 2 3
irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
2/8/13 11:16 p.m.

After many years, Google Street View finally hit my street last September (wife saw it drive by and told me at the time) and I just noticed it's finally on the site. Anyone else have Street View catch your cars, or you doing anything. A buddy of mine is in it welding a roll cage in his driveway when it caught him....

For me, it caught the VERY dirty e30 sitting in the driveway a day after an event. Sadly, my mother-in-law's RAV4 is sitting next to it (ew) where the WRX normally would have been if I was home. Also caught my wife and a friend of hers chatting on the porch, haha...

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
2/8/13 11:33 p.m.

googles bypassed my street on street view. commie bastards.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/9/13 12:40 a.m.

It caught me working a few years ago, the fat guy with the white shirt.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/9/13 1:33 a.m.

I was riding home on my motorcycle and ended up behind the street view car so I followed it for a bit. Unfortunately that area hasn't been uploaded yet so I can't see it. I read that it takes 6 months or more to be posted and it has been around 6 months now.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/9/13 2:52 a.m.

I've looked and looked... I've been overseas so long that grease spots are the only thing left as an indicator of my former automotive addictions

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/9/13 6:28 a.m.

It caught me loading my truck, with my '60 Elky in the yard.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/13 6:39 a.m.

You can see my friend and her daughter playing in their driveway.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
2/9/13 6:56 a.m.

The Boy and I were changing intake manifold gasket(s?) On his Tracer, the day Google Street View went past my house.

Will
Will Dork
2/9/13 10:20 a.m.

Not street view, but the satellite caught our local SCCA region holding an autocross.

arsine
arsine New Reader
2/9/13 11:19 a.m.

not me but a street view classic

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
2/9/13 3:54 p.m.

one of the guys from the e30 forum posted a winner

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
2/9/13 4:09 p.m.

Looks like the street view of our house is at least 4 years old, since I can tell it was before we bought the place 3.5 years ago, and lots of limbs/debris from a winter storm.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/13 4:43 p.m.

The street view has an actual lap of Portland International Raceway on it. There's a Gulf Ford GT amongst other wicked cars. On the satellite view there's also a club race going on.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG HalfDork
2/9/13 6:20 p.m.

Wow! Looks like they finally made it down my street. Caught The Hideous Hardbody parked outside.

Yavuz
Yavuz Reader
2/9/13 6:47 p.m.

The street view around here is at least 5 years old. They caught a picture of my Metro in front of my parents house.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
2/9/13 8:44 p.m.

My current home is on a street that the street view car passed by. I can just make out the house from the main road, but the pic is from sometime before I lived here. Interestingly, my previous house in AL is still shown as a vacant lot. The house was built in 2009. The satellite view used to show some intersting stuff going on in the driveway, but now it has been updated to what must've been last winter when the house was empty and for sale.

Just checked the Bing map and the entire old neighborhood as pretty much vacant lots.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
2/9/13 10:08 p.m.

My Barracuda is in the driveway with the hood open. The Daytona is parked next to it, both in front of the open garage door. I'm sure I was messing with the carb that day.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
2/9/13 11:17 p.m.
arsine wrote: not me but a street view classic

Sure, not really you wink wink, somebody else wink wink. That's not you drunk laying in the bed of a pick up truck wink wink.

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/9/13 11:22 p.m.

Google maps caught one of our local autocrosses during the middle of the afternoon driver's meeting, after I'd left. If I scan down the map, I can see my truck & trailer with the Miata on it parked outside the pizza place. :)

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/9/13 11:59 p.m.

Mine caught me illegally parking in my yard and trash in the front yard. From right to left, that is my 96 Impala SS, then my boat that I owned for about 3 months, then my F150, then my 66 Bonneville on that trailer before it went to the body shop. Off the rear fender of the Bonneville is a big old steel gas tank and an old rolling toolbox that I had put on CL for free.

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
2/10/13 1:14 p.m.

Google has updated. When they first did my city a few years ago, I wasn't in my driveway, but found my Jeep parked in my kids driveway. I just went to get the picture to upload it here and I seen they updated! And I was home, in the driveway working on an old Pulsar that was donated. I was just finishing it for the race. I raced it then sold it that night. You can almost see my 78 Civic in the garage

At my kids house was just his 2 CRXs (His, and one for his g/f) and a Civic racecar under a tarp.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/10/13 1:47 p.m.

nothing fun, it's from 2009 so there is a green grand prix parts car and my old astro work van.

arsine
arsine New Reader
2/10/13 3:39 p.m.

In reply to Feedyurhed:

coincidentally i was deposited in a pickup truck last weekend after passing out drunk

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
2/10/13 3:47 p.m.

Nothing good for me, doesn't catch my apt parking lot. Satellite shows 4 of my 5 cars in the parking lot, and the 5th at the gas station though.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
2/10/13 5:59 p.m.

Street View still shows the place from before it was foreclosed, but the Sat view is funny. You can see the guys parked on the street at one my neighbor's NFL Playoff parties. My own driveway looks like SWMBO's Exploder and my Corrado are parked on top of each other.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EVFjmpgbAbESzM8CaSQB2hacCC91GUn7sQFsWihDhZeRhcinW46JAgPN0RZgShlX