BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/9/11 12:56 p.m.

These things:

http://www.aerokits.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75_194_1233&products_id=5860

Looks like a knockoff, err, tribute to the OEM one but given how wonderful some of these fit I was wondering if anybody had actually encountered one.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
11/9/11 1:04 p.m.

I bought my factory hardtop from a guy involved with that project. Never saw the new project though. All I know is that there is a human behind the stuff that is in eastern MD.

(I saw some photos that make me think my hardtop was used to develop some of their pieces)

Thats all I know, probably not a real help though.

MG_Bryan
MG_Bryan Reader
11/9/11 2:54 p.m.

I have read an abundance of very very bad things about dealing with that company. I've never seen their products in person; can't comment there. I've been put off of every dealing with them based on the sheer number of complaints I've read about paying for something you never receive.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Reader
11/9/11 3:08 p.m.

I think I have seen one on the street, looked ok and seemed to fit the car. The driver was not insight so I am not 100% sure.

Paul B

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
11/9/11 3:16 p.m.

There's a bunch of threads about issues with cracking in the clearcoat on these and bad dealings with clubroadster people. I'd troll their forums for some threads on the tops for more insight.

BoxheadTim
11/9/11 5:37 p.m.

Yes a quick look on clubroadster disabused me of that idea.

peter
peter Reader
11/9/11 5:39 p.m.

If anyone wants to ask me questions privately, I believe I have dealt with this Russ character at Chaser Aero before. My friends have "great" stories too. Ask me and I'll see what I can dig up from my archives, but I think you can get a pretty good idea for yourself by just looking at some of the existing posts...

BoxheadTim
11/9/11 5:53 p.m.

Thanks peter, a quick look on clubroadster convinced me that if I accidentally buy a Miata instead of an S2000 I'd just go hunt for an OEM hardtop.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
11/9/11 6:03 p.m.

When I was looking for a hardtop, I looked into them briefly before deciding that OEM was less stressful, easier to find, and probably cheaper in the long run.

peter
peter Reader
11/9/11 9:18 p.m.

FWIW, I've had both OE and Snugtop brand Miata hardtops. You definitely want the OE top. Run, don't walk, away from any Snugtop that's not free.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
11/10/11 8:45 a.m.

They fit like crap, and the company sucks.

Wish they didn't. I want a CF hardtop pretty badly.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z1Oqk5xM3T5skXaFsQjWBSDYNpMOkityKWVKRkMqF6pEXjoi4GgSQ2M0EXMKnOOG