1 2 3
joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
8/27/19 7:19 a.m.
STM317 said:
joey48442 said:

It’s maddening. Either you buy an exotic, or a E36 M3 box to get a good color. Everything else’s is boring. Basically unless you are getting a Ferrari or a fiesta you are getting some shade of white. 

VW offers 40 custom color options on the Golf R:

Image result for vw spektrum colors

well that’s not bad!  I guess I had a ford dealer in my mind. It was just a sea of drabness!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
8/27/19 7:46 a.m.
Wxdude10 - Mike said:
1988RedT2 said:

Since taking possession of our new 2019 Mazda CX-9 in Soul Red, I have become aware of just how common this color is among new Mazdas on the road.  Apparently it's not just Mazdas.  This shade of dark red is insanely popular right now.

Well, I completely understand when all Mazda offers is what Keith said:

"white, another white, almost white, grey, a different grey, a blue grey, almost black or black "

Soul Red is the ONLY color they offer. 

I think I see what you're saying.  Soul Red is popular only because it is the only color Mazda offers that isn't black, white or grey.  They could offer models painted "Baby Poop Brown" and it would fly off the lots by the E36 M3 load.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/27/19 8:54 a.m.
John Welsh said:
93EXCivic said:

Living in Alabama I would never buy a car with crimson in the name of the color.

Then I guess something blue and orange because I think Alabama state law requires that you choose one or the other. 

The Kia Soul did offer a houndstooth interior 

Orange or blue would be ok but rather not that either.

I love the houndstooth interior but I could never drive that in Alabama. I don't want to be associated with that fan base.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/27/19 12:37 p.m.

Ive seen the Royal Crimson in person a couple of times.  It is very pretty in person.  Fist i saw it wil silver alloys and it looked great.  

Sample:

I later saw it with black and i did not like it (though I am not a general fan of the black-craze)

Sample:

While searching these pics I came across this bronze/gold which I think looks very good: 

ggarrard
ggarrard GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/27/19 12:49 p.m.

As John notes... Silver helps highlight the car

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/27/19 3:34 p.m.

Not my dish of tea, but anything other than 5 shades of grey ranging from silver to black is a start.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
8/27/19 3:49 p.m.

I've had several people comment that they were surprised I bought a blue truck instead of black or silver something. I like a car that when someone asks what color it is, you dont answer "um....."

Having said that my Mustang is silver with black accents. But it does have the red leather interior! Silver wasnt my first choice but the red leather was.

buzzboy
buzzboy HalfDork
8/27/19 4:07 p.m.
While searching these pics I came across this bronze/gold which I think looks very good: 

I like the color combo but I wish it was a denser wheel if anything for a denser splash of gold.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/27/19 4:15 p.m.

In reply to buzzboy :

I took me a little while but I realized that I was reminded of the 1987 Mercury Cougar 20th Anniversary Edition

http://welovemercuryspastpresentandfuture.blogspot.com/2016/07/1987-mercury-cougar-20th-anniversary.html

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hk03KCDT8Qf3CFGsv4OWPm6XyX26B6xTt29Y0BaQDClWZfnXVVhW0qYAxTrwxcwx