PeterAK
PeterAK None
5/25/08 8:54 p.m.

It's even local!!!

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/car/694702408.html

Carson
Carson Reader
5/25/08 10:27 p.m.

I've always thought those were pretty cool looking. Especially the front end. It's a shame all of the headlight bezels have yellowed. Well, I was 4 when that car was brand new so it could've come with yellowed headlight bezels for all I know.

maroon92
maroon92 New Reader
5/25/08 10:46 p.m.

that my dear friends is what they refer to as FLY!

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
5/26/08 3:14 a.m.

There's a 505 sedan I see at least once a month puttering around town. It's in pretty good shape. There's also a Peugeot dealership sign in Salem, MA. There used to be a shop there that specialized in Pugs, but I don't know if he or the sign still around.

Luke
Luke HalfDork
5/26/08 6:34 a.m.

There's a few 505's bombing around my area, and I know a guy who swears by Peugeot reliability/toughness. They're certainly rad, but I'm not sure I wouldn't rather a Merc or E30.

ValuePack
ValuePack HalfDork
5/26/08 12:09 p.m.

That's so cool it hurts. Make mine a 505STI turbo.

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb New Reader
5/26/08 4:08 p.m.

mmmmm ... Euro-wagon goodness!

Jeff

steved033
steved033 New Reader
5/27/08 6:23 a.m.
Carson wrote: I've always thought those were pretty cool looking. Especially the front end. It's a shame all of the headlight bezels have yellowed. Well, I was 4 when that car was brand new so it could've come with yellowed headlight bezels for all I know.

why do you think french cars have yellow headlights? They all START clear....it's nothing to to with fog.

sjd

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/27/08 7:28 a.m.

In the small Louisiana town I grew up in, with population of less than 7500, somehow it became semi-fashionable in the mid-late-80s to have a Peugeot, of all things. There were at least three running around. Funny thing is, this was a town so poverty-stricken Time magazine claimed it was the poorest place in America. It was 30 miles to the nearest McDonalds. The local parts guys kept ordering Civic parts for my parent's CVCC Accord. I don't know where you'd get the oil changed on a Peugeot around there. Nearest dealer must have been in Jackson, MS, about 80 miles away.

Carson
Carson Reader
5/27/08 8:15 a.m.
steved033 wrote:
Carson wrote: I've always thought those were pretty cool looking. Especially the front end. It's a shame all of the headlight bezels have yellowed. Well, I was 4 when that car was brand new so it could've come with yellowed headlight bezels for all I know.
why do you think french cars have yellow headlights? They all START clear....it's nothing to to with fog. sjd

I was just saying the plastic headlight trim of all the ones I have seen around here look discolored and yellow. I don't know if that's intentional discoloration or not.

Of course this being the internet, I have no idea if you're being sarcastic or not. :nice:

steved033
steved033 New Reader
5/27/08 8:45 a.m.

LOL!!!

The person that invents a way to convey tone over the internet will rule the world.

sarcasm FTW!!

sjd

nderwater
nderwater New Reader
5/27/08 10:03 a.m.

I had an '89 505 wagon. It was reliable seven passenger car with great style and a terrific interior for it's day, but with an anemic 4cy, slushbox and loads of understeer, it was not much fun to drive. I'd love to get behind the wheel of one that's been given a tuned suspension and forced induction, though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WIbktVi75QszJfiO6z3C9XOY7agHqBlno5p69SI8LNxCb9onNbC6YgHBthWRi9zZ