1 2
Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
5/8/24 2:54 p.m.

I've seen two at the Nissan dealership in Downers Grove, IL.  

One in the showroom and a used one in the lot. Never one on the street.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/8/24 5:00 p.m.

In reply to Shadeux :

I have seen, literally, 7x as many Lucid Airs as I have seen 400Zs.

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/8/24 5:09 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Exactly. I've even seen 3 of those. Two of them were different colors, so I'm not seeing the same one.

The RR Wraith going though my neighborhood was seriously lost, however.

j_tso
j_tso Dork
5/8/24 6:45 p.m.

I know of 2 locally in central TX. One owner was pretty keen and bought it from a dealer in Arkansas.

Local Nissan dealer (or maybe the regional marketing dept) sends an Altima and a Z to auto-x, and the Z has been dropped and had 18s put on it. 

It is quick! 

And looks so much better than stock - I'll see if I can't get a pick at this months auto-x.

rjracin240
rjracin240 New Reader
5/20/24 12:35 p.m.

Nissan is a lost cause, was a long time fan. Disappointing, receive an in house newsletter touting that the soles of tennis shoes give him inspiration for interior design, another newsletter said the shapes of purses was inspiring. Another newsletter talked about how parts of cars helped her keep track of the growth of her baby while pregnant. 

Think nissan got to wrapped up in soles and forgot to build a car with a soul!

bailion
bailion New Reader
5/20/24 2:33 p.m.

I have seen a handful, but seems my area has to due with it. A buddy got the proto spec, so that was the first in the flesh car I saw. Next was at tail of the dragon, saw the Nissan press car out driving around, and another Nashville guy parked his for me to oogle at. One came to the Mitty recently and drove the parade lap behind my 240z, we were matching colors which was neat to see. Lastly saw one at lunch today, two Nissan techs got out of it of all things. So over half of the cars have been private owned the rest factory cars that I just happened to catch outside. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
5/20/24 2:37 p.m.
rjracin240 said:

Nissan is a lost cause, was a long time fan. Disappointing, receive an in house newsletter touting that the soles of tennis shoes give him inspiration for interior design, another newsletter said the shapes of purses was inspiring. Another newsletter talked about how parts of cars helped her keep track of the growth of her baby while pregnant. 

Think nissan got to wrapped up in soles and forgot to build a car with a soul!

Being part of a French conglomerate will do that. 

In reply to rjracin240 :

I don't know if that car has "soul", maybe I'll ask to ride along to see what it seems like inside. 

But, that thing looks right, and it's super quick around the cones. 

Not sure what happened to them, if it was availability, if the price/competitors, or what. 

I know when it came out, not a few reviewers called it a soft touring car, not quite the competitor to the Supra everybody thought it would be.

Not exactly what all the marketing hype led everyone to believe.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BGFZg7KuhMHddvuwYaOlcytTY3ZH0sBwofDzGuzb5T2cjkDXNh59W73NcLPz3JCt