1 ... 7 8 9
frenchyd
frenchyd Reader
2/25/17 7:52 a.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: Bought a new car in 1982. $14,600. Never again, barring the lotto. Too many good, easily repaired wrecks out there. I was looking at my race budget from the last ten years, which involves stock car and road race championships, and a couple of competitive chump races. All told, less money than a new diesel pickup truck.

I've raced (and did my own construction and maintenance of race cars) since I was 14 {a straight 8 Buick hobby stocker} but I bought my first new car in 1972 and have as my daily driver used nothing but new. However full disclosure, they've all been paid for with other peoples money. (company car allowance)

The reason is simple, time management. I can either do repairs etc. or I can spend that time on race cars and home building..

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/25/17 11:02 a.m.

Found this in my vehicle documents. From my 2006 F250 crewcab lariat. After taxes and registration (in California) this purchase had to be well into the $50k.

I was at Raceway Ford on Thursday and saw my trucks 2017 equivalent at $62k. Obviously the 2017 is nearly twice as powerful, more fuel efficient, a lot more features and doodads, and very comfortable.

This past October, my insurance gave me about $17,000 after my truck was stolen. That depreciation isn't too bad for 10 years. I believe the only things from 2006 that had slower depreciation are the s2000, evolution ix, sl65 amg, and obviously turbo 911's. How practical are any of those compared to a truck that can seat 6, tow/haul almost anything, have leather seats, etc...

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/25/17 12:39 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd:

The final version of the Uniform Building Code was published in 1997. It was retired in 2000, and replaced by the IBC.

Sorry. UBC references are irrelevant. It doesn't exist.

1 ... 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GnUp5ANELSLKpYFHq1GpdPsgzSZ3qrrF3HS7QYusPFsx0iBTyFhmB0JOq3js2vd5