1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 104
SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
7/6/23 11:08 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

And to be clear, I don't think I have ever down voted you or asked that anything you've said should be hidden.  So no, I've never censored you, and have never had a desire to do so. 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UberDork
7/6/23 11:14 p.m.

In reply to SV reX :

Using electronic means to suppress speech is now on trial in federal courts and losing, yet you keep advocating for it?  Why?  

And companies can publish whatever they want, but I can't type whatever I want?  So freedom of the press (publishers) is absolute under the 1st amendment, but my freedom of speech is not?  

What other tools to suppress speech are A okay to you?  Who is allowed to do it?  Clearly you are.  Who else?  What exactly are the limitations?  

See the real irony here is I think you're just a person.  You're a person with a bad idea on what free speech and censorship are.  On the other hand you and many like you think I'm a bad person just for having the audacity to disagree with you.  I continue to engage in hope we can actually have open and honest discussion and figure out what is real and what is not.  You just want me to stop by any means possible and you essentially do it and ask others to do it on your behalf.  

The downvote button is a popularity tool.  The hiding of posts is censorship.  They are tied together by computer code.  You may think it's cool, but it's just another step down a dark path.  

Hiding things that make you uncomfortable is one of societies greatest problems today.  If we can't reasonably discuss EVs and freedom of speech, we sure can't discuss anything really difficult.  I can provide plenty of examples but you'll try to hide that more than me defining censorship.  

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UberDork
7/6/23 11:15 p.m.
SV reX said:

And to be clear, I don't think I have ever down voted you or asked that anything you've said should be hidden.  So no, I've never censored you, and have never had a desire to do so. 

So it is censorship?  I agree.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
7/6/23 11:18 p.m.

You most certainly can say anything you want. But that doesn't mean you can do it on someone else's property. 

You can't spray paint your opinion on my house.  This site is not public property, and the owners get to choose what's on it. They've done that, and don't censor your words. I think that's great. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
7/6/23 11:19 p.m.

I was playing along with your weird definition, because you accused me of something that was not true. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
7/6/23 11:24 p.m.

Again, I have never once tried to hide anything you've said, so your accusation is completely untrue.  I have no idea what you are so pissed about.

Good night.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/6/23 11:37 p.m.

No way are you getting me into giant quad-copter until you show me it can auto rotate.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
7/6/23 11:38 p.m.

Well there it is 2000 Posts

I'm sure David or JG will be sending me a T-shirt soon (I'm delusional like that).

Now as for the rest of you; bow to me oh yea creatures of the internet......I'm a forum God now.

OK maybe not...............(I'm trying to appear humble on my first post as an internet God).

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/7/23 8:04 a.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

IIRC my ridgeline was gaining speed before it got shut down. I think it could have easily made it this far but I got censored* cheeky

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
7/7/23 10:19 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/7/23 10:45 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

Cirrus SR20, which is a composite aircraft, weights 2152lbs with the IO360ES. We already know the IO360 weighs under 400lbs, which means the entire rest of the aircraft weighs around 1800lbs. It's max takeoff weight is just over 3000lbs. So, you're telling me that you can add the 200lb 200hp electric engine, and then another 800-1000lbs of batteries and still make a viable aircraft? 

Sorry, the math doesn't add up here. We are talking ACTUAL things, not your wish list battery that doesn't exist.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
7/7/23 12:30 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

They are already flying EV aircraft  ( experimental) and  are currently working on commercial.   
  The batteries I spoke about. Sodium ion  are lighter  but a bit bulkier. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/7/23 1:11 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

1, with a range of about 150 miles. Requires 7000lbs of batteries and can carry 9 people. Eventually. 

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/7/23 5:07 p.m.
ConiglioRampante
ConiglioRampante New Reader
7/7/23 11:29 p.m.

Saw this on another automotive site with several EV threads.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
7/8/23 12:29 a.m.
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) said:

https://www.thedrive.com/features/toyota-is-right-we-need-more-hybrid-cars-and-fewer-evs-heres-why

I can see why Toyota is concerned about EV's. 
  They are deeply in debt and haven't started to engineer any.  Instead they've been buying them from China.  But they don't conform to the rules so they will have to get $7500 more  and in the 20 states that support EV's  even more based on how much that state provides.  Minnesota it's $2500, Colorado it's $5000 and Oregon is the highest. 
     So they are more expensive and don't really make Toyota any money.  
     Aside from that the comments about batteries is way off. Both Ford and GM  are building multi billion dollar factories to make batteries. 
   Tesla already has made 100 million batteries  and has a 10,000 acre lithium  mine.  Not to mention the Salton Sea in Southern  California  is rich with lithium.   Australia claims they have 55% of the worlds supply of Lithium and then 2 North America mining companies have Lithium mines in South America.  
      I've ignored China and Russia.  Plus the recent discovery in India.  Because they don't meet  the rules for The IRS rebate.  
  Same with rare earth metals.  Now that we're looking, turns out the bad lands in South  Dakota   Have plenty not to mention the recent discovery in North  Dakota. 
  Minnesota has some but they will have to find a way to disposed of mine run off that doesn't destroy  the wild rice   On tribal lands.  Oh and  look up North to Canada for more.

Well if you do just a little reading you'll realize   Batteries or anything is available all over the globe 

Yes most of the legacy companies are starting late or buying from China.   But I suspect India will get into that business pretty soon. 
 Especially for the newer cheaper ( $25,000 ) EV market.  Already here or coming quickly. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
7/8/23 7:16 a.m.
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) said:

https://www.thedrive.com/features/toyota-is-right-we-need-more-hybrid-cars-and-fewer-evs-heres-why

That's a good article. Along with pretty good comments at the end. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/8/23 7:46 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

Every post makes me think of this

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
7/8/23 8:42 a.m.
SV reX said:

I was playing along with your weird definition, because you accused me of something that was not true. 

How is the definition weird?  You didn't offer anything different.  You just don't like it because it died my fit your position.  Changing definitions to fit your position is also a modern problem.  It's also why I strongly prefer print dictionaries that are a few decades old.  People love to play word games now to twist things to fit their goals.  Few actually care to define what they are talking about and fewer even know.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
7/8/23 8:47 a.m.
SV reX said:

Again, I have never once tried to hide anything you've said, so your accusation is completely untrue.  I have no idea what you are so pissed about.

Good night.

You did condone it and spent a lot of time trying to justify it.  The evidence is here for all to see.  Enabling and advocating for bad behavior is not doing it in that respect you are correct.  I don't think it's good though.

And you don't know me I'm not pissed at all.  I'm sad that in the USA in 2023 people believe censorship is a great path to pursue.  Maybe I'm more disgusted by it than anything actually.  Civics classes need to make a strong comeback.  

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/8/23 9:57 a.m.

After checking in on this thread off and on for the last few weeks, This is me:

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/8/23 10:54 a.m.

Civics class would help people understand that while the Constitution states government censorship of free speech is prohibited, there's nothing about a private entity not being allowed to limit the types of conversation in their forum.  If I'm wrong and a federal agent has contacted you about your posts then you have an argument. . 

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
7/8/23 11:04 a.m.

Between Tesla and BYD  that is roughly 70% of the EV market. 
 Even Tesla is buying batteries for most of the model 3's  sold outside of America From BYD  the new highlander version is now going to have 340 mile range up from the 300 mile range.  
    In addition the new battery packs will be lighter than those used in the past. Even though it's lighter and better the cost will be lower.   The reason that is able to happen  is BYD went to fully automated assembly.  Which yields faster production and lower costs.  
   The sad news is Tesla will be closing its own battery plant in China. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
7/8/23 12:02 p.m.

This is thoroughly ridiculous. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
7/8/23 12:06 p.m.

If this ship makes it to 100, it's going to be due to about 3 or 4 eager participants 

1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 104

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
NOxLWDxMsaPVsNxkdVnEmmTC4oT7AZQgwKzjea2tSy9gozvwlKUpIzyMDXEoJ7rs