Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/3/22 8:22 p.m.

I was invited by Chevrolet to spend a day last week at Pitt Race and on the surrounding roads, playing with the 2023 C8 Corvette Z06. We drove both Z06 and Z07 (the performance package for Z06) on Pitt Race, and after some lead/follow laps they let us go by ourselves for about 20 minutes in each car. Following that, we had a three-hour drive loop that was shared with another journalist, so we each got half of the time behind the wheel. 

I wrote about it here and shot a video (below) - but happy to answer any questions directly, too.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/3/22 9:04 p.m.

Would it be more fun (not better/faster) with a manual ?

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/3/22 11:08 p.m.

In reply to Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) :

That was a really well thought out review sir!

I am dying to order just a plain old Z51 base Corvette.  Those rigs are phenomenal, I cannot even imagine a Z06.  Wow.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/4/22 5:12 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I got a ride in one on Saturday and. I have to say that it could NOT have been more fun. So visceral, so freaking fast.

10/4/22 10:49 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Eh. No. The DCT suits the car and its character, the manuals suited the pre-C8 cars.

10/4/22 10:50 a.m.
Loweguy5 said:

In reply to Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) :

That was a really well thought out review sir!

I am dying to order just a plain old Z51 base Corvette.  Those rigs are phenomenal, I cannot even imagine a Z06.  Wow.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed! The Stingray (regular one) is also really, really good. It's not quite as sharp for track use – I've had one out at Spring Mountain in NV – but it's less manic on the street and can be daily driven easily. I have never been "A Corvette Guy" but I feel differently about the C8.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lgvqmTniKYWle2jb9AQPLOOojb3Kw2fEkXZSNQL4vyhmdF9MFmu7ABScjK6WoQgY