1 2
Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
8/8/24 12:51 p.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

I have to admit, I don't mind that I went auto with the Crosstrek.  Sometimes I just want to be comfy.  And when I get stuck in traffic on I-75, it's nice to have.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/8/24 12:59 p.m.

In reply to Jerry :

Replace "I-75" with "I-4" and I'm right there with you–although sometimes it's less "stuck in traffic" and more "avoiding everyone else on the road."

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
8/8/24 2:03 p.m.

If this had come out with a quality auto from the beginning, I would have one in my driveway already. Unfortunately I'm no longer willing to spend that kind of money on a car, so unless prices drop significantly I'm out. I used to be in love with only manuals but I've moved on. I'm okay with that. The newer 8-10 speeds and dual clutch options are pretty damn impressive. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Maxdriver
Maxdriver GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/8/24 5:32 p.m.

Well I have had mine for 13 months now and the "squat" under acceleration and inner wheel lift is news to me. While I don't track it, I regularly bring it to redline. Absolute riot to drive. 

I'm sure the automatic will be quicker, but it's a hard pass for me. Too much fun shifting for myself!

JimS
JimS Reader
8/9/24 2:26 a.m.

That car is so ugly. What happened to good looking small cars like Alfas, early Fiestas, Corvair, Capri, 2002, etc. Even the Pinto and Vega were beauties compared to that thing. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
njLkjrlqCHLgbS3E4OZxSlKsdv7xFKRHgdb3j3CHropa50LoZ93WWpkTQULa02RY