how to install here

Cheap cover up for curb rash wheels?

Didn't know this was a thing. 

Anybody use these?

Sorry if repost.

triumphcorvair
triumphcorvair Reader
7/21/19 11:02 a.m.

I've only seen them installed on one vehicle and they looked good (red).  Wanted to talk to vehicle owner but didn't have time to wait. They stuck out beyond wheel rim but how well they would hold up to curb rash is the unknown. 

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
7/21/19 11:29 a.m.

Somebody has rebranded hub caps?

Do they do bbs reps?

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/21/19 11:45 a.m.

For when you always wanted your white wagon wheels to look like ford ranger swirlies. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/21/19 12:07 p.m.

Carefully photographed from the best possible angle.

Canadian Tire plastic hub caps with a new name.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
7/21/19 3:18 p.m.

Thought this might be an alternative to wheel repair, painting, PlastiDip , hiding curb rash or peeling clear coat. Add chrome or color to a factory painted steelie. Cheap at 75-100 dinero. 

Molded as an overlay on cast or stamped wheels so doesn't change the style of the wheel. 

Never seen one in person... or couldn't tell if it was.

Guess not tho.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/21/19 6:54 p.m.

These, bought off ebay or Amazon have been great for my F250 Super Duty.  They were $15 per wheel ($60 for the set.)  If I had only bought the genuine Ford center caps I would have had $15 into just the caps and then still needed to prep and paint the steel wheel.  So, $15 each and done has been a great bargain for me.

Before: 

After: 

In my case they're just chrome-y, plastic covers (like full side hub caps) that form fit right over the steel wheels.  The look is a fake but acceptable appearance of having chrome plated your steel wheels or a fake alloy.  

In the video in the first post they show form fitted plastic covers to go over existing alloy wheels which then appears to be a fresh, refinished alloy.  

When I bought this salvage Dept of Transportation truck (The Gov't Mule) two things transformed the truck.  The $10 vinyl/magnet "fake business logo" and the wheel skins.  The truck went from looking surplus, dilapidated, and retired to current and still in service.  Very oddly, when I drive this truck through construction zones, like where you are down to one lane and there is a flag-man controlling traffic, I get a ton of waves and nods from the workers.  Its as if they see me on the team.  

My favorite thing about this truck is that it looks so genuine TRUCK.  Like a real truck for doing real truck things.  Not a sedan with a 6 ft bed.  

triumphcorvair
triumphcorvair Reader
7/21/19 10:49 p.m.

Doh....this is what I thought the topic was about. Sorry if I confused anyone. 

https://www.rimbladesusa.com/why-rimblades/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI54S77M7H4wIV445bCh3BVAIhEAAYASAAEgKaTvD_BwE

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lMlq7MDOYsBKWQURrmtIIMxm3xASKngJF7sHyjL1W0uec1N4i3G199lpyFVKUbEP