1 2
pontiacstogo
pontiacstogo Reader
3/4/20 10:13 a.m.
b13990 said:

That said, the STI is a better track car in every respect. The brakes alone would probably cost you a few thousand dollars to put onto a WRX.

Brembo calipers are available on the WRX now - it's only available on the WRX Premium and the package includes Recaro seats and a sunroof delete.  I bought a new 2020 WRX Premium a couple of months ago and have around 10K miles on it.  It's been a reliable and fun ride so far.

Wicked93gs
Wicked93gs Reader
3/4/20 3:34 p.m.

I wouldn't buy a WRX at 33k...to me that does not seem like a good choice....boxer engines are inherently less reliable than V or inline engines(no surprise there). I wouldn't worry about handling in any 2 door sports/sporty RWD car you buy that is modern...pretty much all of them can handle well these days. To be honest though....I wouldn't buy a new car at all, so I am not a good judge since none of them seem to give much bang for your buck.

RX8driver
RX8driver Reader
3/5/20 7:32 a.m.
Wicked93gs said:

boxer engines are inherently less reliable than V or inline engines(no surprise there).

How exactly do you figure?

I'd question the plan of buying an STi for a while and trading to the new one when it comes out. If the new one gets a significant power bump, better mileage or any other proper upgrade, the old ones might plummet in value.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8JWedSsKahArq1GACR3flBHWiRxGdzhisZwwKbRZQv9vB5UGl26Kx6hgJ3tySoxf