bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
7/15/20 11:29 a.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

Oy vey. frown

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
7/15/20 11:32 a.m.

So you cant say "Kung Flu" or "gun" here? Folks really need to toughen up a bit or stay off of internet forums.  It really may be time for me to go.  That said, thanks to the OP for letting me know about the toy selling! I'm unemployed and broke, so it may help me out to start selling stuff that I dont want to move when I set up my tent under an overpass

spandak
spandak HalfDork
7/15/20 11:56 a.m.

I want that M3 bad. 
but I'm in no place to do so. It's a shame too because I genuinely believe good E36 M3s will spike in value sometime soon. 

Living in the moment is all well and good but the world has carried on for thousands of years. We'll get through this too and hopefully coming out the back end there will be more money in the bank than less. Toys are fun, compound interest is better. 

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
7/15/20 12:25 p.m.
Justjim75 said:

So you cant say "Kung Flu" or "gun" here? Folks really need to toughen up a bit or stay off of internet forums.  It really may be time for me to go.  

" To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
7/15/20 1:02 p.m.
spandak said:

I want that M3 bad. 
but I'm in no place to do so. It's a shame too because I genuinely believe good E36 M3s will spike in value sometime soon. 

Living in the moment is all well and good but the world has carried on for thousands of years. We'll get through this too and hopefully coming out the back end there will be more money in the bank than less. Toys are fun, compound interest is better. 

I want to keep it badly; however, I've done a lot of "soul searching" the last few months. I started to prioritize my life and realized I don't need this many cars and I need to concentrate efforts on other things besides cars. 

I have backed out of one deal on the car because my kids mom said "Your daughter loves that car and wants to drive it when shes older." That woman has never told me to keep a car before and hates my hobby so I was dumbfounded and had to reassess everything. 

In reply to Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) :

I agree with you.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/20 3:02 p.m.
DirtyBird222 said:

So does anyone want a 1999 Technoviolet M3 with 155k on the clock, a brand new headliner, newly reupholstered seats, reupholstered steering wheel, square soccer balls, and lots of other mods? It's got a chintzy amazon grill on there at the moment because the factory one crumbled to pieces :\ It needs a new starter (theres on in the trunk!) and possibly a steering rack. 

I thought you had sold that already!

spandak
spandak HalfDork
7/15/20 3:03 p.m.

In reply to DirtyBird222 :

That's a tough call. 
not that it helps, but that was the story with my E36. It was a hand me down and it's the reason I love that chassis so much. But all things have their time, I had to part ways with mine too. 

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
7/15/20 5:27 p.m.

I look relentlessly at bikes and I don't know if it means anything but I have noticed, in the last week or so, listed prices  becoming a little more sensible, and reduced prices on others, especially on some of the more expensive specialty bikes that I didn't think were significantly overpriced to begin with

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
7/15/20 5:53 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) said:
DirtyBird222 said:

So does anyone want a 1999 Technoviolet M3 with 155k on the clock, a brand new headliner, newly reupholstered seats, reupholstered steering wheel, square soccer balls, and lots of other mods? It's got a chintzy amazon grill on there at the moment because the factory one crumbled to pieces :\ It needs a new starter (theres on in the trunk!) and possibly a steering rack. 

I thought you had sold that already!

I had a potential buyer who gave me a deposit, sent me his flight itinerary, and never showed up. I refunded him the money and herad back from him a month later saying he was ready to buy again....I didn't feel like playing that game. I had another potential buyer but that whole daughter thing happened. 

spandak: It is an amazing chassis. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive one and it's a sexy looking car. But between my S2000 that I'm actively modding/restoring, my Champcar Accord, and my 2001 Sequoia that is getting maintenance heavy at the moment - I really need to downsize the fleet by at least one car. 

Here's the kicker - if I sell the M3 I'm going to paint the S2000 Technoviolet. If I keep the M3 the S2000 is going to get painted Honda Aztec Green Pearl. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
7/15/20 6:50 p.m.

I've heard that Gundam plastic model (Gunplay) sales are through the roof. Hobby shops cannot keep them in stock. The Gunpla subreddit is filled with people building kits like crazy. They are relatively cheap, burn a few hours and are pretty therapeutic

spandak
spandak HalfDork
7/15/20 7:14 p.m.

In reply to DirtyBird222 :

Either way, pics

That beauty should be shared!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/15/20 7:46 p.m.

I’m hoping for some action on the two 20” kids bikes and 351 Cleveland headers I posted on CL last night.  Nothing but scammers trying to send me a code so far.  

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/15/20 9:28 p.m.
spandak said:

I don't quite know where all of this money is coming from but I sure hope the buyers aren't using government money to fund their toys. 
I fear for our financial futures if consumer spending is as wreckless as government spending. 
Also I want a good deal on a Ducati so everyone else should go away

It is all very strange.  It’s like it’s 100 degrees out but snowing.  It does not follow market fundamentals.  Or does it?  The FR just backstopped the entire equity market.  People’s 401k’s are at record levels.  How’d they do that?  By buying any and every corporate bond that was issued.  How’d they afford that?  Pssst...they’ve got a printing press.  There are some smart people worried about currency devaluation...read hyper inflation.  Argentina, Venezuela, Zimbabwe,..that kinda thing.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/15/20 9:47 p.m.
Justjim75 said:

So you cant say "Kung Flu" or "gun" here? Folks really need to toughen up a bit or stay off of internet forums.  It really may be time for me to go.  That said, thanks to the OP for letting me know about the toy selling! I'm unemployed and broke, so it may help me out to start selling stuff that I dont want to move when I set up my tent under an overpass

Did you read what I wrote?  

Many people on this forum ARE weapons enthusiasts. Myself included. We've had a number of threads about them over the years. It's just that for whatever reason, saying the actual word attracts spam.  It's annoying. 

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
7/15/20 9:56 p.m.

^^that and 0% interest are propping up The Market. In the U.S., we have so many agreements between manufacturers, distributors, retailers and even public resistance regarding MSRP  on non-commoditized items in the primary market that it's hard for hyperinflation to commence in the near term. Supply problems are more likely to be seen than hyperinflation. We also have price-gouging laws in many jurisdictions. Will Nintendo increase the MSRP of new Nintendo Switch systems above $300, which have already been out for three years? No. Will there be limited supply which pushes them up to $500 in the secondary market? Yes.

None of these things can prevent inflation or hyperinflation in the secondary markets though, and is why we are seeing price increases with so many used items.

spandak
spandak HalfDork
7/15/20 10:00 p.m.

In reply to GCrites80s :

Good call on the Switch. Can't find them at $300 anywhere!

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
7/15/20 10:03 p.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:
Justjim75 said:

Did you read what I wrote?  

Many people on this forum ARE weapons enthusiasts. Myself included. We've had a number of threads about them over the years. It's just that for whatever reason, saying the actual word attracts spam.  It's annoying. 

That's because of sockpuppets. Notice how few GRM articles attract sockpuppets except ones that deal with the general automotive industry rather than the enthusiast one? That's because paid sockpuppets aren't attracted to articles about datalogging or suspension tuning but are focused like lasers on ones about car dealerships and new full-size domestic pickup trucks.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/15/20 10:11 p.m.

In reply to GCrites80s :

Logic would dictate that you can’t just print up trillions of something and expect the ones already in circulation to retain their value.  But, maybe it isn’t that straightforward.  The USD is the world’s reserve currency which means it tends to hold its value.  There are all sorts of camps with very smart and well educated people trying to understand what will happen next.  All we know for sure is that we are in uncharted waters.  I’d be leery of the stock market now though...even though I’m putting away right up to my employer’s match.  I’ve seriously thought about moving it into something more secure.  Cash position maybe.  I don’t know.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/15/20 10:25 p.m.

In reply to A 401 CJ :

Yeah, it's definitely a strange situation.  But because so much of the trillions is getting pumped into the stock market and not really into general circulation, inflation has been lower than most would expect. At some point, the game will stop working and then it'll be hard to say what will happen. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/16/20 8:13 a.m.

For the record, please let's not say kung-flu. 

Thanks. 

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
7/16/20 9:27 a.m.
1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2CtAyRSSFP0EVdSjoxmyPg9mRgZWZE5HeSkQoEhtiLKqtnWF5o4tGxy1mzdahYYD