CrashDummy
CrashDummy New Reader
3/29/13 7:29 a.m.

Is there anyplace that I can buy this book? Flyin Miata is out of sock as is Amazon. Google has it as an e-book...but this seems like the type of book that would be much better in old fashioned paper.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
3/29/13 7:45 a.m.

Who is this Tanner guy and what does he know?

SCARRMRCC
SCARRMRCC Reader
3/29/13 7:46 a.m.

http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Mazda-Miata-MX-Performance-Projects/Keith-Tanner/9780760316207

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/13 8:31 a.m.

The publisher screwed up with the latest print run, and there haven't been new copies available since the summer. If the store you buy from doesn't have a copy in stock (like Books a Million) then they can't get one right now.

Last time I asked, the publisher said "end of the month". Of course, they said "end of the month" in February too. I've just emailed again. It's a problem.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/13 9:16 a.m.

Dude, so like, my autographed copy is worth more than I paid now?!?!

moerdogg
moerdogg New Reader
3/29/13 10:08 a.m.

Limited-edition, it MUST be worth more!!

I wonder if we could work out some sort of loaner system. I have a copy on my workbench (along with the other books he has written #notafanboi). For the cost of a new one plus shipping, I could send it to you, and return the money upon return of the book. Think of it like the Autozone tool loan program. Only with a random stranger you have never met.

SCARRMRCC
SCARRMRCC Reader
3/29/13 10:36 a.m.

well, they have this version in stock:

http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Mazda-MX-Miata/Keith-Tanner/9780760327920?id=5645611406596

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/13 10:47 a.m.

Different book, not currently experiencing availability problems. The "2-4 week" estimate on the other one means "we don't have any and it'll be a while".

If anyone comes across a stash of these, please let me know. I get a lot of questions about it!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Iv0maTBVOCh6FkYAi1nGI5Zc5mNUJUvG9NetDukLoYXnol9gkJGNRLzpAZsTWjjS