BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/24 9:58 p.m.

As usual, I'm a little too tall for myND. I knew that when I bought it and have been researching seat lowering options for the OEM seats for a little while. So far, it looks like there are three options that I found.

• Aurora/Blackbird Fabworx lowered rails. These are fairly expensive and do require modification of the plastic surround for the seat base, but work with both the regular and Recaro seats. Drop is about 1.125"
  • Paco Motorsports - these are fixed-ish (adjustable with some tools) if I read the description correctly. Drop is about 1.2". Cheapest of the lot.
  • Jass Performance seat lowering rails. Drop is up to 1.9 inches and they retain a sliding mechanism. main downside seems to be that I cannot find someone in the US who stocks them so I have to order them from the UK. Also at the fairly expensive end, but allows for fine tuning of the seat height. These also work with the Recaro seats. 

Am I missing any other options?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
10/20/24 10:06 p.m.

Home grown?  Universal seat rails, sheet metal brackets?
I know a couple folks have done it.  Claim 1-1/8ish" drop?

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/20/24 11:06 p.m.

I used the Paco rails, made a big difference for seat comfort for my long-torso 6ft self. Installation was a bit of a bear; seems like a simple job but you need a whole assortment of wrenches and contortionist acts to tighten up the bolts. Moving the seats after installation can be done, but again it's a bit of a headache. Removing them and re-installing the factory sliders was a nightmare, mostly because I couldn't remember how things went together. Take lots of pictures. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/24 12:41 a.m.

I'd go with the Aurora ones over Paco. I haven't seen the Jass. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IEKJ3R6eYUOAf4zXKcl5GYRnu2hhO9H2R5LDQvgGWkXlNox5DMSQ7a6fwvdyjXgO