Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/19/21 6:43 a.m.

Im trying to add front light capacity to my 99. I am going to try a set of led driving lights in the lower grille opening,  far back towards the condenser to hopefully eliminate glare to other drivers. 

Since the front bumper is over at arts getting fixed from the deer, can someone give me a measurement from my finger to the top of the opening in the bumper? I know the air guide pieve sits higher than the opening,  and don't want the lights to be buried halfway behind the cover....

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
1/19/21 9:14 a.m.

Are you just looking for the vertical distance from your finger down to the top of the opening, Michael?

Edit: That dimension is 8", if that's what you're looking for.

1/19/21 11:26 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Perfect! Thanks!

1/19/21 7:26 p.m.

Was that measurement taken angled along the condenser,  or a general measurement from the front of the car?

Trying to make sure I add enough adjustment....

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
1/19/21 7:56 p.m.

It was the vertical distance from the radiator support straight down to the upper edge of the opening. I passed the tape measure down between the support and the front bumper cover. Are you looking for something else and I misunderstood?

1/19/21 8:17 p.m.

Nope! Perfect! Now that I know how you measured,  i can replicate and give myself a go/no go line. Thanks again mr. Warren!

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/19/21 10:21 p.m.

LED driving lights for a 99 Miata? They certainly do have notoriously poor lighting. 

I do a lot of pre-dawn driving in mine. I'd like to see details on your installation. 

1/20/21 5:32 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Sure. I'm currently still throwing ALL the tricks at it though. 

Keep an eye on the build thread. Ill be posting all my stuff here when i write it up

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8qLJZgLdHKtavRRIpB32bMAcYGluqWv9o15dlFBdk4mrXUFnDdICjNP8TdgnSOF7