93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/8/15 12:33 p.m.

I am changing the fuel pump in my 93 Civic and I lost the retaining clip that holds the fuel strainer on the assembly.

The clip goes on here. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UltraDork
2/8/15 1:07 p.m.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#push-nuts/=vtmt2f

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/8/15 2:14 p.m.

It's just a little pushclip, right? Like the retainer than American cars used to hold the drums/rotors on at the assembly line?

My local Sears Hardware has a bin full of those in different sizes.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/8/15 2:17 p.m.

McMaster will charge you $5 shipping for a $0.05 part. Any auto parts store has them in an assortment of sizes. Look for the "help" display of parts.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UltraDork
2/8/15 5:49 p.m.
bgkast wrote: McMaster will charge you $5 shipping for a $0.05 part. Any auto parts store has them in an assortment of sizes. Look for the "help" display of parts.

True. As you only need one the HELP box assortment or the local hardware store with the "Midwest fastener" boxes over the bolts should have a drawer of them. McMaster is my go to when I forget what an item is called as there search works great.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/8/15 5:49 p.m.
bgkast wrote: McMaster will charge you $5 shipping for a $0.05 part. Any auto parts store has them in an assortment of sizes. Look for the "help" display of parts.

I couldn't find them at the local stores.

McMaster has never charged me shipping...

Anyway I need some tiny drill bits and some random other hardware. So I am just going to place and order thanks for the help guys.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/15 7:03 p.m.

I was actually looking for some a few weeks ago and I struck out at the local hardware stores. I found workable solutions at HD and Lowes, but they didn't have the type that I was really looking for.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/29/15 2:26 p.m.

I still haven't found this part. I got those parts from McMaster and they won't go on.

Also no luck at any parts stores. I am getting desperate any ideas.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/29/15 3:15 p.m.

The NAPA near me has a box cut up into about 50 little compartments, each with a different sized Jesus Clip.

No shipping.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
3/29/15 3:25 p.m.

Fastenal?

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products?term=&r=~|categoryl1:%22600000%20Fasteners%22|~%20~|categoryl2:%22600135%20Retaining%20Rings%20and%20Clips%22|~%20~|categoryl3:%22600139%20Retaining%20Rings%22|~%20~|categoryl4:%22609829%20External%20Push-On%20Rings%22|~&termca=&termpx=&sortby=webrank&sortdir=descending&searchmode=productSearch&filterByVendingMachine=&pageno=1

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/29/15 5:07 p.m.

Ziptie?

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
3/29/15 5:14 p.m.

Can't really see it, an inside "star" washer?

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
3/29/15 5:28 p.m.

Pep Boys has 'em in the aisle with all the other little fasteners in drawers. Home Depot has them too. IF those fail you have you tried Honda? Probably still in use today and I bet its under a dollar. I know you guys hate going to the dealer but it really is the easy button and in most cases won't cost as much as you think.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/30/15 7:53 a.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote: Pep Boys has 'em in the aisle with all the other little fasteners in drawers. Home Depot has them too. IF those fail you have you tried Honda? Probably still in use today and I bet its under a dollar. I know you guys hate going to the dealer but it really is the easy button and in most cases won't cost as much as you think.

I tried finding it thru Majestic Honda and couldn't but maybe I will just go by the dealership and ask.

Don49
Don49 HalfDork
3/30/15 11:17 a.m.

If you have a Tractor Supply near you, check out their fastener aisle. They have a very large selection.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
3/30/15 11:51 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
Junkyard_Dog wrote: Pep Boys has 'em in the aisle with all the other little fasteners in drawers. Home Depot has them too. IF those fail you have you tried Honda? Probably still in use today and I bet its under a dollar. I know you guys hate going to the dealer but it really is the easy button and in most cases won't cost as much as you think.
I tried finding it thru Majestic Honda and couldn't but maybe I will just go by the dealership and ask.

If the parts counter doesn't have it, I bet at least one tech has a stash of them in his junk drawer.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EanlP1EMLWjOput4coVnVcYMl52Z0OlaRBrbzi6h1v8bAeIWqHZ61fV5vYNR0lSt