1 2
ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/12/11 2:46 p.m.

I'd love a GRM autox event that wasn't challenge based. Just a big old autox, using whatever rule set you want, in late July or early August.

Just because. Run what ya' brung.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/12/11 2:50 p.m.

That would be cool, but don't forget that we do host other gatherings, including the Rolex 24 At Daytona, UTCC, Mitty and Monterey kick-off party. Plus there's always walk-in Wednesdays. GRMers can also sometimes be found at Daytona Sports Car Club gatherings.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
10/12/11 3:03 p.m.

There are CFR autocrosses evry month that sometimes act like unofficial GRM days, especially for us Florida people. We just had one at Daytona Speedway (video) a couple of weekends ago. We also have one coming up at Orange County Convention Center on the 23rd. I'll be there with my turbo toy, and if anyone else wants to meet me there we can have our own unofficial GRM day!

Pat
Pat Reader
10/12/11 3:10 p.m.

Every autox I've been to has had GRM people walking around. They are the attendees wearing the GRM shirts, hats, stickers on their cars, etc.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
10/12/11 3:42 p.m.

My only thing is that it's hard for a lot of people to make a trip to Florida.

GTB_ZR1
GTB_ZR1 New Reader
10/12/11 8:20 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: That would be cool, but don't forget that we do host other gatherings, including the Rolex 24 At Daytona, UTCC, Mitty and Monterey kick-off party. Plus there's always walk-in Wednesdays. GRMers can also sometimes be found at Daytona Sports Car Club gatherings.

Hey David, MSCC could possibly be coerced to run some sort of an event like that...

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/12/11 8:31 p.m.

Anywhere there's a big parking lot

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Dork
10/12/11 8:40 p.m.

i wanted to host one during the summer but work and schooling took over my life.

cookout and cars and cool people to hang out with...woulda been fun

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
10/12/11 9:01 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Anywhere there's a big parking lot

That's where you'll find me!

insert pic of superhero giving thumbs up

DUMONT
DUMONT New Reader
10/13/11 10:19 a.m.

GRM needs to hold a "Drifting for guys who normally make cars stick in turns" challenge.............would be funy.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
10/13/11 10:24 a.m.

I'm officially inviting the GRM staff to a walk in Wednesday event at my house. See ya soon!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
10/13/11 10:26 a.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

I'm in.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
10/13/11 10:28 a.m.

Crap that'll kill the honeymoon. Byob.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/13/11 11:03 a.m.

Grassroots Motorsports local Meet-N-Greets should be held all over the country.

fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
10/13/11 11:10 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Anywhere there's a big parking lot

How about a big runway? GRM needs to sponsor a some ECTA events - especially now that they are more centrally located in southwest Ohio.

David S. Wallens
10/13/11 11:16 a.m.

Fantasy cruise.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/13/11 11:22 a.m.

Who, what, where is ECTA? In Ohio, tell me more.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
10/13/11 11:24 a.m.

East Coast Timing Association.

Land Speed Racing coming soon to you, Steve. I'll be there.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
10/13/11 11:54 a.m.

Lambert Itl. has a runway they barely use. and its directly centered in the middle of the US! And its minutes from my house!

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
10/13/11 11:57 a.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Grassroots Motorsports local Meet-N-Greets should be held all over the country.

Could take a page from the 2600 crowd... do monthly meetings in any area with a large enough population of GRMers to make it worth their time to meet up.

PS122
PS122 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/13/11 12:13 p.m.

Here's a link to some news about the ECTA announcement about the new site in Wilmington, OH. I suspect a tom of us GRMers will show up to participate and spectate...

LSR in Ohio

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
10/13/11 12:20 p.m.
jstein77 wrote: There are CFR autocrosses evry month that sometimes act like unofficial GRM days, especially for us Florida people. We just had one at Daytona Speedway (video) a couple of weekends ago. We also have one coming up at Orange County Convention Center on the 23rd. I'll be there with my turbo toy, and if anyone else wants to meet me there we can have our own unofficial GRM day!

I'm hoping to be at that one .

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/13/11 1:05 p.m.

In reply to ReverendDexter:

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. There are a few car clubs in the area, but having more options is always a good thing.

In this area, most of the car clubs center around a particular brand/make of car. Tar Hell Sports Car club is the notable exception.

David S. Wallens
10/13/11 2:30 p.m.
GTB_ZR1 wrote:
David S. Wallens wrote: That would be cool, but don't forget that we do host other gatherings, including the Rolex 24 At Daytona, UTCC, Mitty and Monterey kick-off party. Plus there's always walk-in Wednesdays. GRMers can also sometimes be found at Daytona Sports Car Club gatherings.
Hey David, MSCC could possibly be coerced to run some sort of an event like that...

Martin's December pointless event?

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
10/13/11 2:45 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Fantasy cruise.

There's a car museum on Grand Cayman, and a race track on Jamaica. Plus they race in Puerto Rico.

Let alone the vintage race that's going on in the Bahamas. For that matter, if they do it again, there is a weekend cruise that stops there in the middle of the event.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9QiTVeRJ2B5atuIKCTaw9jplWkdtqHd0yURi6OquChL0XCVde5vz5aW8qapHUDiT