1 ... 6 7 8 9
jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
8/25/16 1:56 p.m.

My car just arrived at the dealer!

I'll be picking it up right after lunch tomorrow.

golfduke
golfduke Reader
8/25/16 2:12 p.m.

very nice! Enjoy!

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
8/25/16 2:27 p.m.

It's really hard to concentrate on work right now...

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
8/25/16 2:30 p.m.

What, have you been camping at the dealership for the past few days or something?...Just waiting to take pics of it as it arrived.

Congrats...I have a feeling your drive to work tomorrow will be all smiles.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/16 2:32 p.m.

Woohoo! congrats!

Hopefully you're taking Friday afternoon off?

Mine is currently:

FordService said: ...still in transit from Germany. There are no more updates at this time...

Yep. Awesome. BTW, it was shipped from the plant on June 23rd. That's the last official update I've received on it after complaining bitterly to the dealer.

I think I'm really close to just canceling the damned order and moving on. I need a car, I've already wasted spring and summer driving weather and this entire process has been bullE36 M3 from day one.

To be honest, even if the car is worth the effort and cost, I'm just not sure I want to support a group of people who are so incapable of taking care of their customers. Sorry AlfaDriver, but your company has dropped the ball with this and appears to not give a E36 M3 about it. They only care about the adulation of the media over the car and the money they are making on them. I won't even get started on your dealers as that whole infrastructure is broken and no one seems to care enough to fix it. Yes I say your company because you work for them and staunchly defend them and the cars you help engineer (as you should, you should be proud of your work).

I'm glad Jerry and many others have received their cars and most appear to be happy with them and I wish them luck with it.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
8/25/16 2:39 p.m.

Can't wait for proper adult driving impressions.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
8/25/16 2:43 p.m.

Not sure I'm capable of offering an adult impression since I never actually grew up.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
8/25/16 2:48 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Not Bruce):

Stefan, stick it out. Don't forget that this was a bold move by Ford that had a few hiccups and false starts. Your car is probably on the Harmony Leader, due to arrive in 2 weeks, and I'm sure the end result will be worth the wait. I just got really lucky; many people who ordered in January are still waiting too.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/25/16 3:55 p.m.

Nice! The white looks good!

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
8/25/16 5:27 p.m.

Looks pretty good, but need moar stickers!

Edit: Say, something like this?

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/25/16 9:05 p.m.

Better tell them it needs to have less than 1 mile on the odo

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/26/16 6:10 a.m.
jstein77 wrote: I'll be picking it up right after lunch tomorrow.

How are you going to be able to eat lunch with all that anxiety? Clearly you need to go pick it up first and head directly to the Taco Bell drive thru.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
8/26/16 7:37 a.m.

In reply to Tyler H:

Yeah - I hardly slept last night.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/16 7:44 a.m.

In reply to Stefan (Not Bruce):

After my recent interaction with two Ford Dealers, I would agree that the Ford dealer network is severly broken. If they were giving away the RS, i'd hesitate dealing with them again.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
8/26/16 7:46 a.m.

What a useless first half of the day you must be having.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/26/16 7:48 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: In reply to Stefan (Not Bruce): After my recent interaction with two Ford Dealers, I would agree that the Ford dealer network is severly broken. If they were giving away the RS, i'd hesitate dealing with them again.

And the dealer I purchased my Mustang from was great to work with. I special ordered a Mustang GT and they were great to work with and gave me a damn good price.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
8/26/16 8:51 a.m.

Must be pretty variable - the Ford dealer I'm working with has been very good so far. We'll see how the final deal goes right after lunch.

And Deuce - I actually am getting some work done. It is tough to concentrate, though.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing HalfDork
8/26/16 9:21 a.m.
Tyler H wrote:
jstein77 wrote: I'll be picking it up right after lunch tomorrow.
How are you going to be able to eat lunch with all that anxiety? Clearly you need to go pick it up first and head directly to the Taco Bell drive thru.

Ewww, Taco Bell = nasty. Taco Bueno, if you have one in town. No, forgot all that. What you need is a drive-in burger joint like Sonic, White Castle, etc.

TGMF
TGMF Reader
8/26/16 9:41 a.m.

Taco anything....gross. Why risk getting cheeze product and stale lettuce in your interior. Everyone knows you can skip lunch entirely to go for a drive.

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/26/16 10:18 a.m.

My 'daddy' car is 12 years old and has 160k miles on it and still no drive thru rule. Kids...sorry, you'll have to go hungry or dine in.

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/26/16 10:28 a.m.
Tyler H wrote: My 'daddy' car is 12 years old and has 160k miles on it and still no drive thru rule. Kids...sorry, you'll have to go hungry or dine in.

No doubt. If the first thing one does with a new RS is go to the drive-through....well that's someone I'll never understand.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
8/26/16 3:41 p.m.

It's waaaaaay past lunch, what gives?
The internet demands pictures!

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/26/16 3:54 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: It's waaaaaay past lunch, what gives? The internet demands pictures!

You know we won't get any updates until he gets back to work on Monday.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
8/26/16 4:04 p.m.

Wrongo - Pete - I sometimes do this from home, too.

And talking about home, guess what's here!

I've only driven it a few miles and I love it already. I'll write a full review after I get a few more miles in the driver's seat.

I'm happy!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
8/26/16 4:55 p.m.

I do love those blue Brembos.
Looking forward to your impressions.

1 ... 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
24VL7e6VLa83dejPNjTp6M4dS66MHfzS4O7IF5ruiUkjvobL3bdi7Iu5MNxCqvIP