fanfoy
fanfoy HalfDork
8/5/13 8:58 p.m.

I'm currently in Monterey CA to visit some of my wife's family. Today, while waiting at a light, I see a De Tomaso Mangusta waiting on the other side of the light.

Wow, first time I see one in the wild. After all, only a few were produced (284 according to wiki).

Of course, while I'm looking at it, another De Tomaso Mangusta crosses the intersection.

What are the chances?

Just wanted to share.

alex
alex UberDork
8/5/13 9:39 p.m.

Imagine the surprise the two guys in the Mangustas felt.

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
8/5/13 10:07 p.m.

Reminds me of this year's Concours d'Elegance on Amelia Island, where I saw three Lancia Stratos driving around. When it rains, it pours.

Max_Archer
Max_Archer Reader
8/6/13 5:47 a.m.

Being in Monterey for Car Week last year was totally unbelievable. I got stuck in traffic at one point and didn't even care because I was surrounded by amazing cars that I never thought I'd see outside a concours or museum.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/6/13 7:19 a.m.

Mangusta?

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
8/6/13 9:08 a.m.

OK so what's going on... I saw one of these drive by just yesterday up here, a looong way from Monterey. Hell it coulda been that car!

oooo it sounded naughty....

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
8/6/13 9:52 a.m.

always my favorite detamoso[sp] car...

reminds me of a Ferrari/Maserati meet in the poconos in 1990.... except at that meet it HAILED

chrispy
chrispy New Reader
8/6/13 11:35 a.m.

There was one in my 'hood growing up. My first experience with an "exotic". I didn't know what it was until I was in my teens and then they all seemed to disappear.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fNyDDWl9tUGSGwiVcAcOxLUj1KZKNjh2NumIHtedeaP0PCgWeeZgRcjndVTeHwzh