1 2
amg_rx7
amg_rx7 SuperDork
1/20/15 6:08 p.m.

Just for E36 M3s and giggles, I logged into the Mazda Motorsports site to check parts prices. The newer RX8 trans can be had for under $2k new. The newer engine seems to be under $5k if I understood the part numbers correctly. The engine was cheaper (like around $3k) last I checked with Ray at Malloy Mazda when I got my reman engine from him for my FD.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/20/15 6:14 p.m.

Thanks for the price info, greatly appreciated. I assume the price was for the trans only, not the trans + shifter (IIRC you also need a new shifter to go with it)? Either way, given that Mazdatrix lists a "civilian" price of about $2.2k for the newer trans, that's a nice savings.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
1/21/15 9:30 a.m.
BoxheadTim wrote: Thanks for the price info, greatly appreciated. I assume the price was for the trans only, not the trans + shifter (IIRC you also need a new shifter to go with it)? Either way, given that Mazdatrix lists a "civilian" price of about $2.2k for the newer trans, that's a nice savings.

When you get the transmission it comes with no shifter but you do get a trans plug and a fresh throwout bearing, a new clutch fork and boot is also there. You do not need to swap sensors over, the installed ones come with the trans.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
56bwH7zs4Wvdx8AOB5rhfpuvPN8WPznKXzxKcnFnudVHu6WXdOFHDtpcjDP168WE