frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
5/20/22 4:51 p.m.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
5/20/22 4:59 p.m.

The trick is using cast off parts to build an old one stored outside behind the garage.   They feel very much like driving a NASCAR more brutal than finesse.   Since the tires are still used in NASCAR  they are cheap  and common as second hand tires.  Brake pads too are common and frequently replaced with 50% of the pad or more left. 
     Wheel bearings can be purchased for less than 1/2 the price at bearing supply locations. Just bring the old ones to match up.  

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/20/22 4:59 p.m.

I was gonna ask in the other thread if you had a picture. Nice!

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
5/20/22 6:46 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Actually I started out with the picture like this one but for some reason I was locked out.  ?   

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
5/21/22 12:44 p.m.

Been fighting Bronchitis ( thought it was Covid.). 
 But those days we raced with really sticky tires and without dry sumps the engines would go dry in hard corners.  So it was normal to either lose an engine  or have to rebuild it after every weekend.  They ran ABC production together. Sometimes have fields to start as big as 30 cars.   Even though I was seriously down on power  to most  my not so sticky tires and slightly less aggressive driving style.  The last 6-7-10 cars would line up for the  race. I'd often land on the podium simply from attrition.  
      I used used parts which opened up clearances  and because the tires weren't as sticky as new tires I could usually finish the weekend.  I'd start the first event with 10-40 oil. Drain it, qualifying I'd use 20-50 tended to skip morning practice and then use 60 weight for the race.   
      Rare that I'd finish with any oil pressure.     

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VRxu4Z5dK6SJoZfwjn9GbModfPsTV1Iv3D6itK55gThCiVFjPOGdmFNq3Ljrby0d