1 2
Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/23/20 3:57 p.m.
feature_image

Even though the current Mazda6 may be little more than a holdover until a new model comes in 2022, Mazda's midsize sedan still makes an alright option in the market. Despite that, there may be an option to make it more appealing: a wagon version. 

Like most good things in the automotive world, though, the Mazda6 wagon isn’t sold in our …

Read the rest of the story

fidelity101 (Forum Supporter)
fidelity101 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/23/20 4:15 p.m.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/23/20 4:18 p.m.

Always wagon. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/23/20 4:25 p.m.

If they'd put the 2.5l turbo with a manual in it. I'll take mine with blacked out window trim.

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa New Reader
9/23/20 4:33 p.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

If the tow rating was at least 2,000#, instead of the sedan's 1,000#; I'd be all over it. Otherwise, I'm content with my CX-5 Sport with 6 speed manual....my "Miata on stilts" that DOES have a 2,000# tow rating.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
9/23/20 4:35 p.m.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/23/20 4:46 p.m.

Honestly, not that appealing to me.  Its really long.

The 3 hatch is far more appealing.

jwagner (Forum Supporter)
jwagner (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/23/20 5:03 p.m.

I have a 3 hatch and I would trade it in for the 6 wagon.  Would like the manual though which is unlikely in the US.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/23/20 5:58 p.m.

False dilemma.

This makes it more appealing and I'm still more curious about the replacement.

The windows look unduly squished, Mazda has lost... er, not lost their way, but they've wandered away from my tastes in the styling department... But as an actual wagon option it absolutely has my attention in a way the sedan absolutely does not.

Are they trying on a new, um, "design language" for the next generation?

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/23/20 6:44 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Always wagon. 

Yes

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
9/23/20 6:46 p.m.

Oh hell yes.  6 months ago we bought a lightly used E400 wagon.  If a Mazda6 wagon in signature trim with the turbo motor was available we totally would have bought that new from Mazda.  The 3 wasn't big enough and we are one of the 37 people in the US who don't want a small or mid SUV, mostly as we have a real SUV (Suburban 2500) for appropriate use. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/20 7:19 p.m.

Yes. Wanted one when they were first released. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/20 7:27 p.m.

For reference I shopped it against this cls 550 wagon. Another one that did not make it to the USA

agp1956
agp1956 New Reader
9/23/20 7:29 p.m.

If that were available in the United States, it would jump onto the short list for consideation when it comes time to replace Goldie III - our 2008 Kia Rondo LX-V6.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/23/20 7:40 p.m.

Wagons do not appeal to me.  Maybe if they had barn doors. They're annoying to load to be honest. Why make this when you have the cx5? The side profile is ugly lol. The only wagons that's appealed to me are w123 an drecentish Mercedes e-class wagons. But that's me, but hey I rather have a luxury SUV or pickup than a sedan wagon or CUV. Maybe I'm just uncool lol. 

MX_Brad
MX_Brad New Reader
9/23/20 8:46 p.m.

Needs less doors. 

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
9/23/20 10:22 p.m.

I'm starting to get annoyed by all these great cars we can't have in the country I live in.

It reminds me of the 90s when I wanted the GTR, Evo, Euro M3, just to name a few, and couldn't get them in the US.

I think the outgoing 6 is a great car, and a wagon version with the extra utility would be on my radar for sure.

Vigo (Forum Supporter)
Vigo (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/23/20 10:43 p.m.

Yeah, im tired of thinking about the 6 wagon. This is not to mention the diesel version they had we also didn't get. There have been coulda-beens for literally as long as there have been Mazda6s. Do i wish my MS6 was an MS6 Wagon? Yes. That's still the biggest letdown in 6 history, but they have never stopped coming. 

pontiacstogo
pontiacstogo Reader
9/24/20 6:03 a.m.

Had a soul red 2016 manual Mazda 6 touring for a couple of years.  It was a great car - a little underpowered, but nimble and fun to drive.  I've lusted after the 6 wagons for as long as I can remember.  On a recent trip to NZ we ended up with one as a rental car.  Moving there early/mid next year and a 6 (Atenza) wagon is on the 'list' of cars I am considering buying.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/24/20 6:32 a.m.

No power and no tow capacity makes Adrian sad

Underpowered
Underpowered New Reader
9/24/20 6:44 a.m.

wagon is always the best choice.   the wagon interest me,  the sedan has never been on my radar.

jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter)
jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/24/20 6:51 a.m.

Wagon is always the answer.  Full stop.

9/24/20 7:23 a.m.

Does anyone know of any wagons sold in the USA that have decent tow capacity other than Volvo's?

LMan
LMan New Reader
9/24/20 8:59 a.m.

Looks too much like a '90s Taurus Wagon!

9/24/20 10:52 a.m.

In reply to LMan :

Used 1996 Ford Taurus Wagon Review | Edmunds

Nope, not seeing it at all.  Nothing  looks even remotely similar to me.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6ydlT5tCYtXmhF9ZmK1pUAklrT15qeGciobAMPb2f0YX5PxX9ls8CJzzhQkGHy1V