1 2
travellering
travellering New Reader
7/14/14 8:39 p.m.

Slight sarcasm in the thread title, but I'm sure if you look hard enough in the crowd at Knoxville, Tennessee's Cars and Coffee, you'll find one or two. Over 800 cars were in attendance at the event, hosted by Harper Auto Group promoting their Fiat, Maserati, Audi, Porsche, Jaguar, and VW dealerships. All my pictures are here cars and coffees

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/14 8:47 p.m.
travellering wrote:

damn.. a Maxton rollerskate. I would love to have one of those

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
7/14/14 8:51 p.m.

That awful Cord replica makes me sad.

travellering
travellering New Reader
7/14/14 9:06 p.m.

In reply to Trans_Maro:

Yeah, I didn't intend to finish with that pic. Here's some palate cleansers

travellering
travellering New Reader
7/14/14 9:08 p.m.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
7/14/14 9:48 p.m.

Very nice cars, thanks for posting the pics.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/14 10:04 p.m.

I was expecting a bunch of lifted trucks and some tractors. I'm actually a bit disappointed.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
7/15/14 7:58 a.m.

In reply to bgkast:

me too :(

kb58
kb58 HalfDork
7/15/14 8:07 a.m.

And not one Confederate flag...

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/15/14 8:25 a.m.

Better variety than the Austin C&C where 80 to 85% is either american muscle, pony car, or Corvette. Don't get me wrong, I like those cars but seeing a whole parking lot of them is a little boring.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
7/15/14 8:36 a.m.

I bet $10 there were lifted trucks tractors and confederate flags and the OP didn't post shots of them.

It is Knoxville, where 22% of the population make less that $15K, the state Rep is a bigot, and the FBI dissects bodies under Neyland Stadium.

maj75
maj75 Reader
7/15/14 10:16 a.m.

I saw a program about UT's "body farm" where they leave bodies outside in a variety of conditions (dumpster, 55 gal drum, open field) and study the rates and effects of decomposition.

I can't imagine doing that type of work and having any sense of smell afterwords...

Anyways, I'd rather be looking at those cool cars. Great variety , greater than I would have expected for Knoxville. Shows that preconceptions aren't always correct.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
7/15/14 10:25 a.m.
maj75 wrote: I saw a program about UT's "body farm" where they leave bodies outside in a variety of conditions (dumpster, 55 gal drum, open field) and study the rates and effects of decomposition.

A Phd grad student at Clemson did research like this using pigs back in the late 60s-early 70s. Pigs skin was "similar to human skin". His time lapsed photography was creepy and mesmerizing at the same time.

racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
7/15/14 10:27 a.m.

A nice variety of cars! Strangely, the ones I like the best are not the most expensive!

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
7/15/14 10:32 a.m.
travellering wrote:

Yup, nice cars.

Cone_Junkie
Cone_Junkie SuperDork
7/15/14 10:51 a.m.
Jerry wrote:
travellering wrote:
Yup, nice cars.

Where are the cars? I only see a pair of fantastic legs

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
7/15/14 11:29 a.m.

This, This is a great shot.

Driven5
Driven5 HalfDork
7/15/14 1:34 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: I bet $10 there were lifted trucks tractors and confederate flags and the OP didn't post shots of them.

Or they only advertised at places like dentist offices.

Grtechguy wrote: This, This is a great shot.

So you like legs too, eh?

Driven5
Driven5 HalfDork
7/15/14 1:52 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: That awful Cord replica makes me sad.

Why? It appears to be a vintage replica, built in the 60's and having its own history. I think it's kind of cool in an off-kilter sort of way.

Samco Cord

ryanty22
ryanty22 Dork
7/15/14 2:01 p.m.

What is that wagon in the second pic with the bike on top it looks really familiar, and cool

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
7/15/14 2:08 p.m.

In reply to Driven5:

Excaliburs and Zimmers were factory built too.

Yes, it's got some vintage appeal but that's about it.

Once you see the real thing, you'll see how screwed up the replica is.

It's kinda like this:

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
7/15/14 2:15 p.m.

This might be a better Cord to compare the Samco to:

Driven5
Driven5 HalfDork
7/15/14 2:17 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Once you see the real thing, you'll see how screwed up the replica is.

I've seen originals...Of course they're even neater in both their authenticity and vintage appeal, and are certainly better looking than the Samco, but I don't really find them all that attractive either.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
7/15/14 2:32 p.m.
bmw88rider wrote: Better variety than the Austin C&C where 80 to 85% is either american muscle, pony car, or Corvette. Don't get me wrong, I like those cars but seeing a whole parking lot of them is a little boring.

Dayton OH started in May this year. I've been to all except the first one, and it's Porsche/Corvette/Mustang/andsomeotherstuff.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/15/14 7:10 p.m.

Neat, thanks for sharing.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SRWHgwINWl60y3f4PQnKa7RzzvEo0YgqFc3Zw1Ub7FmXBlxCx8VeTU0nS3YswSz6