1 2 3
wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
2/25/19 11:55 a.m.

Haven't been dissatisfied with the parts quality but agree their customer service could be better. Like they need to gaf. I found that the anti-sway bar links listed for Miata's are backwards. What is listed as left is actually right and vice-versa. Not an issue when you order one each but when you only need one and all are listed backwards/opposite and you don't know it, it is an issue. Tried to tell their customer service about the issue and they could care less. Still listed incorrectly after a couple years.

freetors
freetors Reader
2/25/19 11:58 a.m.
wlkelley3 said:

Haven't been dissatisfied with the parts quality but agree their customer service could be better. Like they need to gaf. I found that the anti-sway bar links listed for Miata's are backwards. What is listed as left is actually right and vice-versa. Not an issue when you order one each but when you only need one and all are listed backwards/opposite and you don't know it, it is an issue. Tried to tell their customer service about the issue and they could care less. Still listed incorrectly after a couple years.

Yet another instance where it would be really nice to have a customer review section for each part.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/25/19 12:07 p.m.

In reply to wlkelley3 :

had that issue with the fender liners for the Koup. Ordered the left, the right came in. Cost me $10 to ship it back for a $17 part. Got the correct side, it wouldn't fit because their listing is incorrect. Figured that out after trying to install it only to find out that there were 3 different holes that just don't match up. Cannot return because I tried to install. Locks the account on that part so I paid $38 for a part I can't use. I ended up ordering one on amazon for $30 that fit perfect. 

GPz11
GPz11 Reader
2/25/19 12:16 p.m.

Gotta admit, not a fan. I've had issues with being sent the wrong part or missing items like brake hardware when ordering a complete set.

At that point, I've got the car apart and I need the part now, not in a few days.

I'll stick to visiting my local part stores.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/25/19 12:45 p.m.

Well since we're updating, only problem I've had with them since last time was a timing kit missing a piece.

einy
einy HalfDork
2/25/19 6:30 p.m.

I am currently in the process of doing some maintenance on a 2006 Civic with 154k miles on it, and so far RA pricing and delivery is killing everyone else’s.  Zero problems so far for loaded front struts, filters, spark plugs, headlight bulbs (amazingly cheap there), and a few other odd / ends.  As always, remember to use the 5% discount code posted in the Garage section of this forum.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/25/19 6:44 p.m.

And you can get the 5% discount codes from RetailMeNot too. Rockauto just has a 5% laziness fee.

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/1/19 1:30 p.m.

They are fantastic and I order from them almost monthly (weekly if I'm working on a car project).

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/1/19 1:58 p.m.
Dr. Hess said:

They have a button to minimize costs including shipping.  What I will sometimes do is put everything in the "basket," then look at the basket with calculated shipping costs and delete what would come from a different warehouse.  For example, I need 1 each of item type 1, 2, 3, 4.  Put what I want in the basket, look, it's going to come from 3 warehouses.  Go back, put each version of 1,2,3,4 in the basket and see if there are any commonalities.  Like 1a, 2b and 3c all come from A, 4 only comes from B.  Now I'm down to 2 warehouses.  Then I compare to amazon, ebay, O'Reilley's, and see if the shipping is killing the deal.

Ain't no body got time for dat!

I just tried to use RA again to order some replacement body panels.  Raybuck had them with shipping listed, took about 30 seconds to add to cart and see full price.  Amazon had them net about $20 more than Raybuck, took about 2 minutes to get them all added to the cart & see price.

RA had them about $80 less than Raybuck or Amazon! Score!  I added all four to the cart, shipping was $160!    Crickey!  I removed the panels one at a time, and the shipping went $240, $60, $160.   WTF?  Another 10 minutes wasted on RA for parts I didn't end up ordering from them due to their wonky-arse shipping.  I'll try again in two years.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YsRSs96b4f3o4VlR5J8c608KVejfEmTbb72nAAtuuUjDrboMhcEKQzDFAyVWa0OY