1 2 3
svxsti
svxsti New Reader
6/7/15 10:00 a.m.

I've always wanted to turn a super bike into a quad with a formula 3 suspension, something better than this

or this question is, would you be able to hang on without wrist wraps lol....... http://www.vicespy.com/lazareth-wazuma-v8f-matt-edition/

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/15 10:12 a.m.

That back tire just looks silly to me. Asking too much of a single tire, and for what? Just buy a motorcycle, or a Miata.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/7/15 11:05 a.m.

I'd like to think all the naysayers happen to dig the Morgan 3 wheeler.

Hal
Hal SuperDork
6/7/15 11:12 a.m.

Saw my first one yesterday, parked on the street in Carlisle, PA.

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/7/15 1:55 p.m.

I'm a fan simply because I like things that are fun and out of the mainstream. How many units per year would it take to make this vehicle a success? 10,000? Taken as a percentage of total motor vehicle sales that's practically a rounding error. I'd never buy one, but if its a success, that means the beancounters are that much more likely to bankroll other cool stuff. It's kind of like Porsche selling sedans and SUVs. If that's the price to get "our" stuff green-lighted, bring it on!

svxsti
svxsti New Reader
6/7/15 2:04 p.m.

But can you drift one? watch at 3:00 Drifting

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
6/7/15 3:07 p.m.

so I take it on the technicality front going with a 3-wheeler gets motorcycle emission and safety standards and let's you hold down the price - to what low to mid 20s? My choice would be locost or exocet. For that matter, 20k would get you a nicely sorted locost so no time into building it.

e46potenza
e46potenza Reader
6/7/15 7:29 p.m.

They are extremely fun to drive but I'd never buy one. For the money (one of my techniciAns was around 23k out the door) it's about as exotic as it gets.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
6/7/15 11:00 p.m.

23k will buy you one hell of a motorcycle...

Petrolburner
Petrolburner HalfDork
6/8/15 12:40 a.m.

I rode in one. It was cool, and surprisingly smooth and comfortable, but that motor just had no character. It sounds boring and slow. I wish it had a smaller and higher revving turbo engine.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
9/18/15 8:47 a.m.

LAte to the party. This seems the most recent of meany Slingshot threads and by far the least filled with haters. Saw one a few weeks ago and love it. It's amazing for the price. Yes I'd rather have a Morgan three wheeler, but they are $60K+ rather than circa $20K. Saw this one a couple of weeks ago.

G. P. Snorklewacker
G. P. Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/18/15 8:51 a.m.
MattGent wrote: with a handicap plate

That is one of only a handful of legitimate excuses for having these abominations.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
9/18/15 8:52 a.m.

Is the front track really wider than a new Vette's?

Answer. Yes. Slingshot front track width is 69.1" (source here)

2016 Z06 front track width is 63.5" (source here)

That is a wide motorcycle.

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/18/15 8:59 a.m.

I've driven one. Meh. It feels heavy for what it is. It isn't that quick but feels faster due to being in the open. Handling is...odd. The roll axis makes it feel like it has a really soft outer rear spring. Not for me.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
9/18/15 9:02 a.m.

It's no different than any other 'toy vehicle'. Yes, it doesn't have much 'motorsports' value. But if it puts a smile on your face whats the difference between owning it and any other fun vehicle that never sees a track or a parking lot full of cones?

If I had throw away money, I'd go test drive one... at least after car seats are no longer involved.

Adrian_Thompson
9/18/15 9:03 a.m.
G. P. Snorklewacker wrote:
That is one of only a handful of legitimate excuses for having these abominations.

You pop up and bash them in every thread. I don't get it. It looks totally cool to me and an amazing price when you consider it.

G. P. Snorklewacker
9/18/15 9:08 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
G. P. Snorklewacker wrote:
You pop up and bash them in every thread. I don't get it. It looks totally cool to me and an amazing price when you consider it.

Know how to make it better? BAM! 4th wheel!

It's a motorcycle that doesn't lean or it's a really E36 M3ty car. I can't figure out who it's for except cripples who can't ride anymore but are not willing to concede as far 4 whole wheels. Everyone else gets better handling in a Miata. Or an Exocet... etc.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/18/15 9:11 a.m.

I saw a guy driving his Slingshot the other day. In the pouring rain. He did not look happy. But he looked happier than the guy on the Harley dresser I saw a little later.

Adrian_Thompson
9/18/15 9:13 a.m.

I am not a cripple, I ahve owned a Miata and I, as well as many others think it's cool as hell. Not everything is about being the best at this or that, much of life is about having fun doing something. To me it looks like a bundle of fun.

At least it's not something truly offensive to the world like a Harley with fart pipes or anything with a Turdbota badge on the back

G. P. Snorklewacker
9/18/15 9:14 a.m.
Duke wrote: I saw a guy driving his Slingshot the other day. In the pouring rain. He did *not* look happy. But he looked happier than the guy on the Harley dresser I saw a little later.

Well... er... I can get a "Two bashes for one thread" if we are bringing the Harley guys in

Just kidding. I really don't care what people enjoy - I don't see the point in full dressers or three wheeler car doohickies but whatever. If makes people smile ... fine by me. It's not my money.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
9/18/15 9:34 a.m.

Some folks prefer rectal thermometers...

Who am I to judge...

theenico
theenico Reader
9/18/15 9:45 a.m.

I'll jump on the bash wagon. Those things are beyond fugly. The only thing they do well is get people to look at you.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/18/15 9:54 a.m.

the slingshots are quite massive, which defeats the point to me. Down the street there is an older couple that ride, she's handicapped and no longer able to and now has a cam-am spyder in place of the bike. It serves it's role well for them, it's not my cup of tea, nor his (her husband's) but it enables her to still get out and ride with them and she seems to push them to go out and ride more then she used to. I think of them as a vehicle type that serves a niche that I would've overlooked, and an important one to fill. I could also see them as popular platforms to trailer behind an RV, enabling you the open air experience when traveling around at destinations.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/18/15 10:01 a.m.

Its a car for people who want open air feeling, but want something different than a miata or physically cannot ride a motorcycle.

I think this is cool. I think morgans are cool as well. I will not own one as its not trackable. No sense having a toy that is banned from racing against cars and is worthless against bikes. Will the bike people let you race one?

Seems like a good 50 year old podiatrists car.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
9/18/15 10:46 a.m.

I talked to an owner of one a few weeks back. He said the "proper" way to drive it is as follows. Hard into corner, then full throttle, letting the back swing sideways.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VGVVtLWC7UJpKcuN7cKBCYolfYwaphQTwtyBZGwB7uL9DUd2FV8DNjrSIAERvZCf