1 2 3
CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/3/12 7:30 p.m.

Phil Mather Racing Will Make their Professional Racing Debut Next Weekend at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course!

June 10th will be Phil Mather’s professional race debut. He will be racing the Skip Barber MAZDASPEED PRO Challenge held in conjunction with the Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup and the EMCO Gears Classic at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio, and looking to make a positive first impression in the series. “I’m very happy to be racing with Skip Barber once again, this time at the pro level. The equalized racecars ensure that the best driver will shine at the end of the race. I am looking forward to the competition. It has taken me a while to finally get to the professional level, but I am positive I will be able to display my talent in a racecar, this time for race fans at the track, and on TV.”

Joining Phil Mather Racing (PMR) this weekend will be long time partners CG-Lock, SeatSnug, and Mechanical Simulation. Kart2Kart and The Animal Aid Foundation will be supporting PMR as well. There is still space available for advertisers. Any interested companies looking to partner with PMR, please contact us at advertise@philmatherracing.com.

About Phil Mather – www.PhilMatherRacing.com: Mather has been racing in wheel to wheel competition since obtaining his racing license in 2002. He raced regionally in the SCCA’s SpecMiata class and achieved the Great Lakes Division Regional Championship in SpecMiata in 2006. In 2007 and 2008, he raced at the national level with SCCA, achieving a top 20 finish at the SCCA National Runoffs in 2008. In 2009, he began racing with the Skip Barber Racing School series, earning three victories, ten podium finishes in twelve races, second in the regional championship, and second in the national shootout. Lack of funding has slowed his racing for the last couple of seasons, however in the racing he has done, he has still won, including a 13 hour endurance race at the Virginia International Raceway. Mather has also become a driving instructor and coach with some local enthusiast car clubs.

Please click on my website to visit my advertising partners and LIKE my Facebook page!

• If this is considered canoe, please let me know!
jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
6/3/12 7:39 p.m.

We knew him back when...

Congrats!

corytate
corytate Dork
6/3/12 7:43 p.m.

Cool Deal, Congratulations!

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/3/12 7:49 p.m.

Congrats!

nicksta43
nicksta43 HalfDork
6/3/12 7:52 p.m.

Thats great!

Now that the door has been opened, you are going to have to doing everything you can to make the best of it.

Good luck.

alfadriver
alfadriver UberDork
6/3/12 7:56 p.m.

WAY TO GO, PHIL!!

I knew you had potential long ago when you crushed me at an autocross....

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/3/12 7:58 p.m.

It's a great series. The Barber crew do a fantastic job prepping the cars, and they're easy to drive and very "raceable."

I urge you to take full advantage of the greatest resource you'll have all weekend, that being the Barber instructors. I'll credit my weekend in the series and Terry Earwood with me finally getting turn 5 at Road Atlanta figured out after doing it wrong for almost 20 years.

Break a leg. Have fun.

jg

CGLockRacer
6/3/12 8:34 p.m.

The SB coaching is invaluable! After running with them 2 weekends in 2009, I sold EVERYTHING racing related to finish the season. Go big or go broke trying. I did both :) They got me to the next level of driving for sure.

Thanks for the well wishes! I'll keep you all up to date. i have to figure out how to get on my FB page from my phone (not just my profile) to update throughout the weekend. I'm not a twit-ter-er yet.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/3/12 10:11 p.m.

You are truly living the dream man, go get 'em!

Raze
Raze SuperDork
6/3/12 11:03 p.m.

I for one welcome our new pro-Miata overlords

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
6/4/12 6:39 a.m.

Congrats!

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/4/12 8:08 a.m.

Good job!

Have fun. Be safe. I might be coming up to watch.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
6/4/12 8:48 a.m.

Knock 'em dead, tiger!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
6/4/12 9:37 a.m.

Congrats and have fun.

CGLockRacer
6/6/12 11:55 a.m.

I'm leaving after work today for the track. For those interested, here is the link for the event and the live timing and scoring:

http://www.mx-5cup.com/2012/event/index.php?event=9141

Practice: 6/8 @ 11:45 a.m.
Qualifying: 6/9 @ 2:25 p.m.
Race: 6/10 @ 11:55 a.m.

Wish me luck!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
6/6/12 11:59 a.m.

Good luck man - youre living the fantasy of everyone on this forum! Now go get paid to go fast!!!

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
6/6/12 12:02 p.m.

Nice! Good luck!

BBsGarage
BBsGarage HalfDork
6/6/12 12:28 p.m.

This post makes me Good Luck!

Matt B
Matt B Dork
6/6/12 12:48 p.m.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude! Awesome.

This is the kinda news we like to hear!

Anti-stance
Anti-stance HalfDork
6/6/12 12:54 p.m.

Nice man, have fun!

z31maniac
z31maniac UberDork
6/6/12 1:08 p.m.

Congrats and good luck!

jonnyd330
jonnyd330 Reader
6/6/12 1:12 p.m.

That's really cool, good luck and congratulations!

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/6/12 1:20 p.m.

Good luck! By getting this far you've already demonstrated massive awesomeness. Keep it up!

jmc14
jmc14 New Reader
6/6/12 1:30 p.m.

Congratulations. Have fun and be safe.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
6/6/12 1:32 p.m.

Best of luck. (You know, if you can get a GRM sticker on camera, it will give you 5 hp. Of course, the FM racoon is worth a lot more.....the Skippy guys will never notice.)

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pUeDCybiGIgFurlgl9m6Fp5FpXFIRIuG2Za1JbMW6jYkXOVG8Dp4yT4mgwUQZXjE