stroker
stroker SuperDork
1/21/15 9:40 p.m.

Okay, so somebody with a bunch of money modded a Challenger. Anyone seen a photoshop of a current Charger done up with the Daytona Nose and Wing?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/modern-day-plymouth-superbird-yep-194-mph/?utm_source=o1&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=o1gallery#/1

ronholm
ronholm Dork
1/21/15 10:09 p.m.

Doesn't the Hellcat go faster with less horsepowers.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/15 10:18 p.m.

I really have to learn to stop reading comments under stories...

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
1/21/15 10:23 p.m.

Ugh, I cringe every time I see that.
The proportions are wrong, don't do the original any justice.

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
1/21/15 10:34 p.m.

That nose and wing would look better on the current Charger.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/21/15 10:55 p.m.

In reply to ronholm:

Yes....yes it does

ronholm
ronholm Dork
1/21/15 11:03 p.m.
bgkast wrote: In reply to ronholm: Yes....yes it does

or was this just a standing mile?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/15 1:07 a.m.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/22/15 6:51 a.m.

I see what you did there...

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
1/22/15 7:09 a.m.

It looks better than the originals did, I say.

SEADave
SEADave Reader
1/22/15 10:17 a.m.

I know this really doesn't have much to do with the thread topic, but it always makes me laugh.

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
1/22/15 10:53 a.m.

That throttle body!!

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
1/22/15 11:04 a.m.

The originals actually looked pretty awful in execution. It's obvious that fit and finish wasn't a big part of their deal with those two specials.

I actually like the modern take on it.

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Dork
1/22/15 11:18 a.m.

Just BRILLIANT, Pinchvalve ! ! ! ! !

Rupert
Rupert HalfDork
1/22/15 11:27 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: The originals actually looked pretty awful in execution. It's obvious that fit and finish wasn't a big part of their deal with those two specials. I actually like the modern take on it.

You got that right! When I bought my '69 440 6-pk Road Runner new, the dealer begged me to buy a Super Bird instead. He even offered to sell it for $500 less than what I bought. $500 doesn't sound like much in today's market. But I only paid $3300 or so for the car I bought. $500 was almost a 25% discount on what I paid & the Super Bird he was pushing listed at almost $4,000.

Plymouth & Dodge were trying to call their super speedway specials stock cars. So large dealerships had to sell X number based on their overall sales to qualify for deals on what they wanted to sell.

I thought the Super Bird was butt ugly then, so I passed. Despite what they sell for now, I've never thought I made the wrong call. For one thing, I only kept one car for over fifteen years in my life. And that ugly Super Bird wouldn't have ever been that car!

Fact is, I kept my Red Road Runner just long enough that if I tore something else up, it wouldn't be covered by the 50,000 mile drive train warranty. Less than three years time & more than ten tickets!

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/22/15 12:20 p.m.
ronholm wrote: Doesn't the Hellcat go faster with less horsepowers.

Yep. I'm sure the "new" winged cars spent a lot of time in the wind tunnel getting things right and worked out the best gearing etc, etc...

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds HalfDork
1/22/15 1:33 p.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku:

I'm with you. I bet that nose creates nasty lift at speed. Kind of cool looking, but no thanks.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
1/23/15 7:01 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I really have to learn to stop reading comments under stories...

Comments sections on the internet have exposed just how stupid/ignorant the general public actually is. We never truly knew about it to this degree prior to social media. I had a strong inkling from dealing with the general public at work for a long time, but social media solidified it.

According to comments sections, Obama is to blame for literally everything in the universe. Everything.

Oh yeah, the Superbird conversion is actually pretty cool, IMHO.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yWNAGoSnsU3TEciZir7S8ohf85r1ZuQHxbirMvDDxZf5AYr4qDpWA3jKcsF3GQKM