1 2
Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/19/18 5:47 p.m.

Great idea! I'm going to my first autocross April first in Orlando. There's an SCCA driving school at Daytona International the 14th. No further information on the website yet. 

No previous experience with racing cars, just horses. Doing all I can to figure it out on my own. 

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
3/19/18 5:52 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc :

GRM HQ is in Orlando IIRC, they should be able to hook you up with someone that could "show you the ropes".  What club/event are you going to?

EDIT:  If you can't find someone, I read this before my first event.  It helped a lot.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/19/18 7:20 p.m.
kazoospec said:

In reply to Floating Doc :

GRM HQ is in Orlando IIRC, they should be able to hook you up with someone that could "show you the ropes".  What club/event are you going to?

EDIT:  If you can't find someone, I read this before my first event.  It helped a lot.

Actually, I think that the GRM offices are in Daytona Beach, about a mile or two from where I work. Thanks for the suggestion on the book. I've been watching a few y-tube videos. Most aren't that useful, with the exception of these:

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
3/20/18 7:44 a.m.

South central PA HPDE instructor. I'll mentor anyone starting out or wanting to get their racing license with NASA. I got to Summit, VIR and NJMP.

Knowledge in E30 BMWs, Fiats and learning E36 M3 (the car, not the slang version).

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
3/20/18 12:06 p.m.

In reply to Blitzed306 :

Don't know why I didn't see this when originally posted. There are 2 groups close to you that autocross. One in Birmingham, AL region SCCA and one in Huntsville. I'm in Huntsville and our club is a combined club of TN Valley Region SCCA and a local club called Twickenham Auto Club, TAC for short. We have a novice program and encourage beginners.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
erLWCvwFX0FDsDjHUXwlxmzA3eAbAC3IOQKTZUSJtDQEItGnsfwEYG2YWnpdaMIW