aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
12/29/11 1:26 p.m.

Thunderbirds are go

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy Dork
12/29/11 1:55 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Thunderbirds are go

Stole my line, dude. That totally looks like it could launch a submersible...

Shaun
Shaun HalfDork
12/29/11 3:38 p.m.

It has all the tell tale sighs of being a Burning Man "Art Car":

-The gigantic turning radius required to adjust direction is only available on the Black Rock Desert (playa in BM speak).

-It looks like it is specifically designed to haul a bunch of human flesh.

-It's 80% done.

-It seems to be covered in the distinctly colored playa dust already.

And people do haul insane amounts of stuff from the east coast to Nevada and back. That said, it would sell on craigs list in S.F. in 15 seconds if it was on the west coast.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
12/29/11 7:17 p.m.
foxtrapper wrote: Hmm, it's wide enough and long enough to carry my Spitfire.... Nah!

Turning it into a car hauler was the first thing that crossed my mind too. But I think 3 axles in the rear is overboard and the V6 isn't enough.

FYI, Nissan NSX is the Japanese version of what we call the Acura NSX. Same car.

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
12/29/11 7:21 p.m.

damn that's ugly

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
12/29/11 7:51 p.m.

There's definitely acid being dropped in that part of NY State.

Shaun
Shaun HalfDork
12/29/11 8:28 p.m.

I asked the seller what the deal was. He built it to carry some dream of a gigantic chopper he was going to build and drive to chopper shows. Plans changed.

I sent him a couple Burning Man links and suggested he sell it to that crowd- he may not know it, but they are his people.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
12/29/11 8:59 p.m.
wlkelley3 wrote:
foxtrapper wrote: Hmm, it's wide enough and long enough to carry my Spitfire.... Nah!
Turning it into a car hauler was the first thing that crossed my mind too. But I think 3 axles in the rear is overboard and the V6 isn't enough. FYI, Nissan NSX is the Japanese version of what we call the Acura NSX. Same car.

That would be Honda, not Nissan.

Joey

J308
J308 New Reader
12/29/11 9:19 p.m.

Say WORD! I think you just found a worthy recipient of that VIPER powertrain from a few days ago!!!

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
12/29/11 9:21 p.m.
joey48442 wrote: So what if I did like it?

Your GRM sub would be cancelled. But I'd let you read mine when I'm done. That is after the mailman is done reading it and delivers it to me.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
12/29/11 9:52 p.m.
joey48442 wrote:
wlkelley3 wrote:
Turning it into a car hauler was the first thing that crossed my mind too. But I think 3 axles in the rear is overboard and the V6 isn't enough. FYI, Nissan NSX is the Japanese version of what we call the Acura NSX. Same car.
That would be Honda, not Nissan. Joey

Yeah, you're right. At first I thought he meant Nissan NX2000 but I googled it and a Nissan NSX came up and stated it was the Japanese version of the Acura NSX,

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer Reader
12/30/11 6:30 a.m.

It's...Ummm....interesting.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
J83CRT59on0NX3kYyYrktOamLlrWEGHhz2CGcEI0AqnIDqYhCGsSs48XDwhvfDY9