1 2
amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Reader
9/8/09 6:26 p.m.

Regarding weight, the 2 rotor shortblock in my FD weighs around 200 lbs. I lifted a spare motor into the trunk of my Mini once to get it home.

The 3 rotor is a little heavier than the 2 rotor, obviously. A good estimate using the 2 rotor as a baseline might be around 300 lbs.

Check out what this shop does with a N/A 3 rotor conversion for the FD chassis: http://definedautoworks.com/ They have some nice You Tube vids also.

andrave
andrave Reader
9/8/09 7:54 p.m.
JohnGalt wrote: It sounds like an avalanche of Husqvarna 2 stroke chain saws rolling down a mountainside while tearing through pristine wildlife filled forests. Truly the sound is magnificent.

Ohhhh. you mean like this: youtube of same

andrave
andrave Reader
9/8/09 8:02 p.m.

Have you guys seen the 4 rotor BMW down on the wrong side of the planet???

its berkeleying crazy quick and has a full show car interior (or at least it did in the magazine I saw it featured in).

Here is a youtube link:

YOUTUBE 4 ROTOR SWeETNESS

andrave
andrave Reader
9/8/09 8:04 p.m.

I was just reading over the last two things I've posted and I've decided there really is nothing so crazy or stupid that no one has done it before.

shakes head

bacon flavored bubble gum?

2 stroke 24 engine'd motorcycle?

4 rotor BMW 1/4 mile racer?

Nothing can phase me now.

grinch77
grinch77 Reader
9/8/09 8:39 p.m.
andrave wrote: Not even lemonparty.org can phase me now.

dude thats not cool NWS that or delete it....

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed HalfDork
9/8/09 8:48 p.m.
andrave wrote: Have you guys seen the 4 rotor BMW down on the wrong side of the planet??? its berkeleying crazy quick and has a full show car interior (or at least it did in the magazine I saw it featured in). Here is a youtube link: YOUTUBE 4 ROTOR SWeETNESS

Wow, that is wild!!

Butch_86
Butch_86 New Reader
9/8/09 9:05 p.m.

Every time I hang out with my rotor head friend he talks about how one day he is going to make a 5 rotor and put it in a FC

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade New Reader
9/8/09 10:10 p.m.

FWIW: I recall reading one car mag (Motor Trend?) that did get a ride in a four-rotor from Mazda. Probably a decade or two ago now.

Can't recall which one now, sadly.

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 New Reader
9/8/09 10:16 p.m.

There is a video online of a AE86 with a 3 rotor, that thing is fast as hell!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1nc7cApmFuLLK9xCQyN4EYLk4t6xnm0XpfiETUh3jLxweRMVPBIedjL7z1o5K14u