Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en New Reader
4/10/19 6:22 a.m.

So I bought Cherry Bomb the Miata a few days ago, but now that I'm over my sickness (mostly), it's time to start working on it. So can anyone ID these wheels and give me a FMV of them? I'm looking to sell/ trade them for 15s or 16s.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/19 6:35 a.m.

I don't see any wheels. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
4/10/19 6:42 a.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Rare stealth invisible daisies...pricey!

Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en New Reader
4/10/19 6:57 a.m.

Ah crap. One sec.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/19 7:03 a.m.

Those are American Racing AR24. Not particularly valuable, maybe $100, $150 if tires are good. Typically seen on Neons. 

Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en New Reader
4/10/19 7:13 a.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Thanks!

penultimeta
penultimeta HalfDork
4/10/19 7:46 a.m.

I bet you could do a straight trade for some stock NB wheels.  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/10/19 8:11 a.m.

AR24's were ultra popular in the '90's, hence the reference to seeing them often on Neons (which is true.)  However, your Miata was a base model so it would have arrived at the dealership on steel wheels.  Trillions of these base Miatas had dealers added alloys added before leaving the lot.  AR24 were cheap and plentiful at the time and available in 14" so as to still use the stock tires.  

So, FMV?  The major advantage that you have is that you seem to have all 4.  In the real world, someone may want them for their car since you have the full set.  I have to say, they are exceptionally period correct for a '90's car.  

I think you are asking FMV as it pertains to The Challenge.  In this case, I see the following as not bending the rules too much...

What you have is a full set of adequate and uninspiring wheels.  I don't think you will be faulted if you swap these out (with no budget hit) for another set of adequate and uninspiring wheels, even if those wheels are 15"/16".  So, what is adequate and uninspiring?  That leaves some interpretation.  Here is my opinion.

Some other factory Miata wheels.  Sure , maybe not the 14" BBS's which are the lightest Miata wheel ever made.  Also adequate may be some generally generic 15" after markets.  I'm not talking some ultra light, ultra wide 15x9's here; just an average wheel.  

However, don't look too down on the AR24s.  They are iconic in their own way.  

They are generally light wheels.  Here is a 14x6 AR24 weight from a Neon posting:

Your NA6 Miata would have arrived with 18 lb steel wheels.  The factory alloy waas narrower than these AR24 at 15x5.5 and weighed 12.8lbs  All Miata wheels and weights

A google search of "AR24 Neon" gets you results like these...  Sweet!

Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en New Reader
4/10/19 8:35 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I'm only looking down on them because I personally think they are ugly as all hell. My friend wants to straight trade for some NB 16s. And you are correct, I do have all 4. They need to be cleaned up, but there is no curb rash that I remember off the top of my head and the tires are in rather decent condition

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TGHvtLKEXmMT6FTIRfOhDYKgM4M1uqkTdEnCy2L2HZKHvFmFfgwnHsWai7hAHBmp