Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/2/23 7:54 a.m.

I've had this Craftsman multimeter for decades and the test leads finally broke. I could probably fix it, but after 30 years, I was thinking I could just buy some new ones, but I can't find leads with this particular connector at the store and I have no idea what it is called to take a stab at finding it online.

wae
wae PowerDork
6/2/23 7:57 a.m.

I think that's called a Banana Plug.  I've bought some sets off of Amazon before and just searched for "multimeter leads".

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/2/23 7:58 a.m.

If you buy the cheapo Harbor Freight box will the leads that come with it plug into your old box?

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/2/23 8:00 a.m.

I think standard digital multimeter leads will do. 

i have purchased these and liked them. Especially for the price. Junky leads are no good on a digital multimeter. 
Leads

Harvey
6/2/23 8:02 a.m.

I'm not really sure John, kinda why I ask.

If it's banana plug then would something like these work? I'm just not sure cause look different.

Multimeter Test Leads Banana Plug,1000V 20A Digital Multi Meter Clamp Tester Probe Test Probes Leads for Multimeter Electronic Test Leads Multimeter Accessories (2 pcs)

https://a.co/d/0siIpf7

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/2/23 8:09 a.m.

I think its just that these other ones have a shroud.

Harvey
6/2/23 8:09 a.m.

Okay, so basically banana plug leads will work even though they don't necessarily look the same in the pics. Thanks guys. I figured I would ask before I spent my hard earned $7.99

obsolete
obsolete Dork
6/2/23 9:35 a.m.
John Welsh said:

If you buy the cheapo Harbor Freight box will the leads that come with it plug into your old box?

+1 for this. Sometimes the meter is even free with coupon.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
6/3/23 10:17 a.m.
obsolete said:
John Welsh said:

+1 for this. Sometimes the meter is even free with coupon.

I personally, would not use the HF leads because even with infrequent use they fall apart within months- and the wires being movable within the probes and plugs affects your readings. Buy quality for your probes.

drock25too
drock25too GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/3/23 12:34 p.m.

I found Craftsman leads on the bay of E. Bought a couple of sets.  When they shut down the outlet store owners bought up a bunch of stuff. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VlZiLNnBtjT2L1XZW5y8GJReiggLpdPIRPpV7tHlBSKmbdXP1kQA52eev1tbEh5S