Just one? Don't they come as pairs?

drmike
drmike New Reader
6/5/09 8:41 a.m.

Dang, beat me to it.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
6/5/09 8:47 a.m.

Hell yes, but I don't see how the supply could possibly keep up with the demand. I.e., 2 grand turns into 10 grand quickly.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
6/5/09 10:15 a.m.

I hear the performance is nice and perky when new, but tends to sags when they get older...

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
6/5/09 10:19 a.m.

Brings a whole new meaning to the bumper stickers that I've started to see in support of breast cancer: Save the tatas!

coneblastmx5
coneblastmx5 New Reader
6/5/09 10:28 a.m.
aircooled wrote: I hear the performance is nice and perky when new, but tends to sags when they get older...

ROFL

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports HalfDork
6/5/09 11:03 a.m.

I don't think they'll be able to sell them that cheap in the US once they get it to meet our requirements here.

But, for $2300 I'd see it as a no maintenance required vehicle. Drive it till the engine freezes up, roll it to the scrap metal yard, buy a new one.

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT New Reader
6/5/09 12:25 p.m.
jwdmotorsports wrote: But, for $2300 I'd see it as a no maintenance required vehicle. Drive it till the engine freezes up, roll it to the scrap metal yard, buy a new one.

I agree. I'm hoping the car is 100% recyclable, but I doubt it. Which means there will be an environmental cost.

David

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
6/5/09 12:30 p.m.

Oh hell yeah, buy one used at 1 year old and it will be challenge priced

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
6/5/09 2:08 p.m.

I see a spec series!! Imagine, a NEW car to use as a race platform. Cage, seat, and maybe a bigger tire/wheel pack (since 12" performance tires are hard to find). You could go racing for under $4000 including gear.

Heck, at 1300 lbs, you could even tow it with almost anything.

Just imagine a bunch of multi-colored jellybean looking cars on a track. It'd be hilarious and cool all at the same time.

-Rob

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/5/09 3:07 p.m.

From CARS

Kramer
Kramer Reader
6/5/09 3:16 p.m.
jwdmotorsports wrote: But, for $2300 I'd see it as a no maintenance required vehicle. Drive it till the engine freezes up, roll it to the scrap metal yard, buy a new one.

Silicone is the recommended to keep your Tatas looking like new...

RexSeven
RexSeven HalfDork
6/5/09 5:39 p.m.

But if you do that, then everyone will know you have fake Tatas!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
6/5/09 6:23 p.m.
foxtrapper wrote: Just one? Don't they come as pairs?

Thanks fox. I needed a good laugh after the week I've had.

erohslc
erohslc New Reader
6/5/09 7:12 p.m.

Down here in Medellin Colombia, all of the taxis look exactly like that picture. Surprisingly roomy inside! (you should see the tiny little panel vans, like dwarf 80's Toyota vans.)

Carter

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/5/09 8:04 p.m.

can we get a bra for the tatas?

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Reader
6/5/09 8:14 p.m.

Can I vote Hell No!? First I think that car would flip in the first crosswind. It looks a jelly bean and it is called a Tata.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aIKZeWnlL9LXT0y7o2Qkd3yULc5HVHoSNkkYVzn5ydt0NSB4JM20zM0AjGJRMhJ8