1 2
PerniciousLies
PerniciousLies New Reader
1/5/17 6:30 p.m.

All good suggestions so far! I didn't get to drive it, but I did check out an XK8 vert today. I'm also having my brother check out a 98 Formula Firebird, since it's right in his neighborhood. There's also a couple C4s on my radar, but I haven't been able to coordinate a time to check them out.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
1/6/17 11:18 a.m.
So the tensioners are really that much of a PITA? I looked it up and it didn't seem too bad, at least not to do the secondary tensioner, and from my understanding those are the ones that fail catastrophically.

If you decide to only do the secondary tensioners, it wouldn't be that bad, i suppose. I did all the chains/tensioners on the one i fixed. It was at about 120k and down to metal on one of the guide rails iirc.

How did you like the Xk8? Ive been watching their prices for a long time, but after the XJR experience i'm not sure how happy i'd be with the 'regular' v8. I still havent driven one, so i'm not discounting them yet.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/6/17 11:27 a.m.

In reply to penultimeta:

I'm built pretty similarly, so that must be it. 3rd/4th gen f bodies: great for tall goons with short legs and ape arms, terrible for everyone else.

PerniciousLies
PerniciousLies New Reader
1/6/17 1:59 p.m.
Vigo wrote: How did you like the Xk8? Ive been watching their prices for a long time, but after the XJR experience i'm not sure how happy i'd be with the 'regular' v8. I still havent driven one, so i'm not discounting them yet.

I wasn't able to drive it, so I can't give any perspective there. I did really like it as far as seating position and ergos. It felt like being in a sportscar for sure. I'm kinda iffy about the regular v8 as well, but mostly because the trans is supposedly a little more problematic. I think that between an xk8 vert and an xjr, I'd take the xjr, but if the xk was a coupe, I'd be very tempted. Those things are sexy!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iuZix1k8V32f0ZdZtSxbK6D3AyyuYt3Di79NaZUo6oEkhTyLCudzr35WQdrDQOQ5