Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
2/24/15 1:52 p.m.
feature_image

We see these shirts as more than cotton with some graphics. They represent the community that our readers belong to. More than once have we gone to events and then introduced ourselves to a friendly face just because they were wearing one of our shirts.

Did you know that you get a free T-shirt with any subscription of two years …

Read the rest of the story

evildky
evildky SuperDork
2/24/15 4:15 p.m.

Which reminds me I never got my shirt from my last 2 year up with CM.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/15 4:22 p.m.

I need to see when my 10 year is up. Is that deal still going?

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
2/24/15 5:43 p.m.

I also never received my t-shirt even though I signed up for 3 years on the Black Friday deal.

Ed Higginbotham
2/25/15 8:08 a.m.

Well that's no good. If you both want to PM me with your addresses I'll see what I can do.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
2/25/15 11:57 a.m.

You know, you're right! I DO need a new GRM T-Shirt! I wore the e36m2 out of mine and its all faded and stained. I barely had it a year!

bigev007
bigev007 Reader
2/25/15 12:05 p.m.

In reply to Rufledt:

I wore mine to a 2 day airport slalom. It got sunscreen stains Guess I'll have to renew again! :P

pirate
pirate Reader
2/25/15 12:30 p.m.

How about some heather gray or faded color T-Shirts (not black live in the south and they are too hot)for us slobs that can't seem to avoid permanant stains on white.

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
2/25/15 7:14 p.m.

PM sent as requested

chief8one
chief8one New Reader
2/26/15 3:05 a.m.
pirate wrote: How about some heather gray or faded color T-Shirts (not black live in the south and they are too hot)for us slobs that can't seem to avoid permanant stains on white.

Agreed... Black is way too hot even in Ohio and the white ones are ruined after a few events.

+1 for gray

Ed Higginbotham
2/26/15 8:18 a.m.
pirate wrote: How about some heather gray or faded color T-Shirts (not black live in the south and they are too hot)for us slobs that can't seem to avoid permanant stains on white.

That's a pretty legitimate request. I too struggle to keep any white shirt white. And I don't care what they say, I've never seen one of those stain removal sticks that actually works.

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
2/26/15 9:32 a.m.

agree, my white shirt is still in good shape, but is less than presentable. A grayish option would be welcomed.

mistanfo
mistanfo UltraDork
2/26/15 10:27 a.m.

Our Queen Dork told me that the secret is to bleach the E36 M3 out of them. However, I have a fear of bleach, and am too cheap to run a load with a single shirt in it...

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
2/26/15 11:41 a.m.
mistanfo wrote: Our Queen Dork told me that the secret is to bleach the E36 M3 out of them. However, I have a fear of bleach, and am too cheap to run a load with a single shirt in it...

She has obviously never dealt with my pit stains.

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
2/26/15 11:43 a.m.

and for the record, I'm not some dumb guy that can not do laundry.....ok, maybe I am. Thankfully my wife is nice enough to take care of that for me. She is a certified laundry genius as are many folks who have survived having young children. She has considered the shirt, ready for the rag pile, and I just can't do that.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla HalfDork
2/27/15 4:56 p.m.

So do I get a free t-shirt every 2 yrs of my current 10 yr subscription?.

If so you'll probably need to make each subsequent shirt a size larger.

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
2/27/15 6:55 p.m.

In reply to kevlarcorolla:

No because Canadians don't get shirts!

Even though we pay way more for our subscriptions.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
3/4/15 9:59 a.m.

I second the grey. I have 2 white already, don't really need a 3rd.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
3/4/15 10:35 a.m.

To all the people wanting a grey shirt, you just need to compete in the $20XX Challenge! All of the Challenge t-shirts I've gotten since '04 (I think) were gray, although I've missed the last couple years.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/5/15 8:31 a.m.

I'd wear this shirt if it was black.
I give the white ones to the gardener.

bigev007
bigev007 Reader
3/5/15 9:48 a.m.
NGTD wrote: In reply to kevlarcorolla: No because Canadians don't get shirts! Even though we pay way more for our subscriptions.

What? Since when? I'm a Canadian, and I'm wearing my shirt right now!

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
3/5/15 10:17 a.m.

i've had no trouble removing stains, but the very first time i washed it the print faded so much it looked like i'd owned it for ten years.

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/5/15 1:39 p.m.

I find myself hoarding my 'nice' GRM/CM shirts and saving them for...you know, date nights and stuff. Then I change into my stained ones as soon as I get home. They may not stay clean, but damned if they're not durable.

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
3/5/15 6:01 p.m.

In reply to bigev007:

Well I could cut and paste the email I received back when I enquired. That is what I was told.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HFlgog99Izw5AQ9hLNY0BMePClvGH0OYt3LdXTpxoiyDQJqfk8uGDy4LYrAcjnW4