1 2 3 4 5 6 7
mtn
mtn UltimaDork
9/18/13 2:15 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: Am I the only one who couldn't care less if I ever had sex again? I'm seriously meh, about the whole thing.

Uhh... Yeah, you might be. At least here.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
9/18/13 2:21 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: Am I the only one who couldn't care less if I ever had sex again? I'm seriously meh, about the whole thing.

I thought I was until I saw the guitar girl video. This happens damn near daily. Guitar girls, GGA, riding to work on my bike behind a 20's hottie. I think I'm out of the game, and it lasts about 4 hours max.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
9/18/13 2:23 p.m.
Duke wrote:
Teh E36 M3 wrote: Am I the only one who likes to get E36 M3faced and watch "Apocalypse Now" projected on the garage door?
I read that as "garage floor" and I was going to say "Yes, yes you are."

Uh, yeah, well, that's just your opinion, man.

Imagine this: a home projector, outside, projected on the garage door. Instant movie theater. Big ass speakers from college, and you've got the huey's thwumping and flight of the valkyries in full force. Neighbors hated it at first, but now join.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
9/18/13 2:24 p.m.

Oh yeah, and I LOVE, and I mean LOVE IPA's. I have before they were cool though, so keep that in mind.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
9/18/13 2:33 p.m.
Duke wrote:
Kenny_McCormic wrote:
Duke wrote:
DrBoost wrote: Am I the only guy that cant stand the taste of beer? I've tried lots of different beers.
I like beer in general. I feel like the only guy that can't stand IPAs, though.
You mean you dont like bitter pine cone water?
It's not even like I'm a Coors Light drinker, or anything. I like a decent, flavorful beer. I just think IPA makers have stopped trying for good flavor and just started trying to outdo each other with extreme extremeness.

Some of them yes. But there are some very good, well balanced IPA's on the market.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/18/13 2:46 p.m.

OK, let's check all this stuff off. I,

Like beer, but if I have more than one alcoholic drink of any kind, I get an instant headache, so I barely drink at all these days

Have never, and will never smoke anything of any kind.

Enjoy stick-and-ball sports as much as I enjoy racing. But mostly on TV. Going to live sporting events is highly overrated, IMO.

Saw Fight Club once, never understood why it's such a big deal. It was fine, I guess.

Am an admitted sufferer of Automotive ADD, though it's been getting better lately.

Hate coffee, though I like the smell.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/13 2:49 p.m.

I never really liked the taste of beer, or coffee. I do like a bit of scotch now and then but that's about all. Otherwise I am happy with a Diet Pepsi or Seltzer.

I can watch almost any kind of racing but never got into sports. I seem to be the only person in NY that doesn't have at least a passing interest in sports. My mom got me a Jets sweatshirt for Christmas a few years ago that I wear a lot because it's warm. People see it and start to talk to me about football and then treat me like I've had a recent head injury. One time I had gay couple make fun of me because I was they only one not interested in a World Series game when I got pizza at work. Sometimes it seems like I'm the only one who looks at the front half of a newspaper.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
9/18/13 3:05 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: Some of them yes. But there are some very good, well balanced IPA's on the market.

I've yet to find one where I can get past the smell of cat wee... and yes, I've tried a number of them over the years by a wide variety of high-end micro-brews.

It's funny... I don't care for whisky much at all... but a good stout aged in old whisky barrels? Oh lord...

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
9/18/13 3:21 p.m.
Teh E36 M3 wrote:
I thought I was until I saw the guitar girl video. This happens damn near daily. Guitar girls, GGA, riding to work on my bike behind a 20's hottie. I think I'm out of the game, and it lasts about 4 hours max.

Oh, I very much enjoy looking at women not an issue there at all. I'm 34 and the wife will be 37 in November. She is in the real deal, full blown menopause. Her "drive" is non existent and mine is not far behind. It just doesn't bother me at all. We still cuddle and flirt and stuff. I guess we're like a real life PG movie.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
9/18/13 3:27 p.m.

Yes.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/18/13 3:31 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote:
Teh E36 M3 wrote:
Oh, I very much enjoy looking at women not an issue there at all. I'm 34 and the wife will be 37 in November. She is in the real deal, full blown menopause. Her "drive" is non existent and mine is not far behind. It just doesn't bother me at all. We still cuddle and flirt and stuff. I guess we're like a real life PG movie.

Sometimes i wish mine was more like that. Not that i don't enjoy sex, but i'm always so berkeleying tired to begin with and all i can think of sometimes during is "Ahhhhh E36 M3, LOOK AT THE TIME. I HAVE TO BE AT WORK IN 4 HOURS. DAMMIT."

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
9/18/13 3:33 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
nicksta43 wrote:
Teh E36 M3 wrote:
Sometimes i wish mine was more like that. Not that i don't enjoy sex, but i'm always so berkeleying tired to begin with and all i can think of sometimes during is "Ahhhhh E36 M3, LOOK AT THE TIME. I HAVE TO BE AT WORK IN 4 HOURS. DAMMIT."

Dood. Cut out an hour of TV, or video games, or anything and you won't be feeling that way. And it is healthy too.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/18/13 3:37 p.m.
mtn wrote:
Swank Force One wrote:
nicksta43 wrote:
Teh E36 M3 wrote:
Dood. Cut out an hour of TV, or video games, or *anything* and you won't be feeling that way. And it is healthy too.

Oftentimes that hour or so before bed is all we see of each other while awake. What i'm really not interested in is replacing that with sex.

Because then it looks like

1) Get up and go to work
2) Come home and berkeley
3) Sleep

Which is fine once in awhile, but not 4-5 days a week. That's not a schedule that a healthy relationship can survive on.

Luckily, i said that sometimes i wish i had that problem. Not all that time. I can deal with sometimes for the greater good.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Dork
9/18/13 3:43 p.m.

Am I the only one who can't stand the whole UFC "culture"?

Working security at a sports bar, I lost all interest in stick and ball events. Still though, I'd rather deal with two drunken fattos arguing over "their" teams then ever deal with one more dumbass TAPOUT douche, who is ALWAYS looking for a fight.

92dxman
92dxman HalfDork
9/18/13 3:48 p.m.

UFC=two cavemen fighting.

I'm not too keen on IPA's either. I don't mind them but it seems like there aren't too many good ones out there. The cool thing to do these days for the breweries is outdo each other with how much abv they can put into the beer. Give me a good tasting session beer anyday. (Negro Medolo, Sapporo were both previously mentioned). The amber Dos Equis is a good beer to guzzle as well. Goes well with mexican food especially.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/18/13 3:50 p.m.
Teh E36 M3 wrote:
Duke wrote:
Teh E36 M3 wrote: Am I the only one who likes to get E36 M3faced and watch "Apocalypse Now" projected on the garage door?
I read that as "garage floor" and I was going to say "Yes, yes you are."
Uh, yeah, well, that's just your opinion, man. Imagine this: a home projector, outside, projected on the garage door. Instant movie theater. Big ass speakers from college, and you've got the huey's thwumping and flight of the valkyries in full force. Neighbors hated it at first, but now join.

You're missing the whole "projected on the garage FLOOR" thing, I believe.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/18/13 3:52 p.m.
Wally wrote: Otherwise I am happy with a Diet Pepsi.

I still like you. I guess.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
9/18/13 4:13 p.m.
captain nemo wrote:
heard a fellow say once "it's like oxygen, you don't miss it till you ain't gettin it"

Went four years prior to meeting my wife. Like money it's not something I have ever really desired or sought out. I'm not saying I'll turn it down if offered...

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
9/18/13 6:00 p.m.

An I the only one that does not like muscle cars? They don't do anything for me at all.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/18/13 6:01 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: An I the only one that does not like muscle cars? They don't do anything for me at all.

I can say that about 95% of them. There's a select few that i'd really like to build. No Mustangs or Camaros, though.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
9/18/13 6:06 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

A Chevy II is the only one I actually like the looks of, but I still couldn't stomach owning one unless it was on a modern chassis.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
9/18/13 6:12 p.m.

Well, I think if you drove a stock one you would definitely be disappointed, they are pretty much crap by todays standards.

I am not much of a fan either, certainly not with all the hype surrounding them. They are generally a bit of a "over promise, under deliver" kind of thing. Even an old school V8 Crown Corvair conversion is pretty exciting to me though, even though I can barely fit in one.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/18/13 6:13 p.m.
captain nemo wrote:
heard a fellow say once "it's like oxygen, you don't miss it till you ain't gettin it"

I'd love some whoopee and I like girls. It's that whole 'boyfriend/girlfriend/get engaged/get married' progression thing I'm not nuts about. Not looking to get remarried anytime soon, if ever. Problem is, 'friends with benefits' just ain't that common, though. Oh, well; I've been through dry spells before and I'm still alive, I don't think this one will kill me either.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
9/18/13 6:15 p.m.

In reply to Curmudgeon:

See the first reply in the 'let's see your best friend' thread

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 HalfDork
9/18/13 6:42 p.m.

I'm venturing a guess here- are you at the ten year mark in your marriage?

Aside from that, I drink IPA's in the summer (not the 700 percent hop stupid ones) and porters in the winter. I love a nice bourbon on the rocks- a=one, not half a bottle.

I used to like formula one, until the drivers didn't have to drive the cars anymore (Senna).

Baseball interests me because I used to play it. They can keep the rest of the sports.

The only show I watch anymore is Top Gear.

I think we either need a GRM channel or to put club racing on TV somehow. That I would watch.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zqIKLZLcD08kLcWBFP2ajrl73klQ0hyocHhZYpsQWMGDi6trgHXl0sqwLk62jXJp