1 2 3 4
aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
2/28/11 9:16 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: He should have stopped himself when it suddenly became hard to write the 2nd half of a book. IMO that would have been anything after Dead Zone. The Shining was the only one that really was a good movie - and it took Stanley Kubrick to pull that off.

ummmmmm....

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
2/28/11 9:20 p.m.
aircooled wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: He should have stopped himself when it suddenly became hard to write the 2nd half of a book. IMO that would have been anything after Dead Zone. The Shining was the only one that really was a good movie - and it took Stanley Kubrick to pull that off.
ummmmmm....

Not even in the same league as The Shining. It's a kitschy, gratuitous revenge movie with a happy ending. So awesome I completely forgot about it. Tim Robbins was great - the story - not so much.

novaderrik
novaderrik HalfDork
3/1/11 12:37 a.m.

what about "Stand By Me"? that was a pretty ok movie based on a Stephen King short story.

regarding the subject of this thread: i've noticed that "Atlas Shrugged" is kind of a stock answer when you ask some people what they think is going on in the world and how they feel about it.. as if everyone is supposed to have read it and interpreted it the same way they did.

"The Creature from Jekyl Island" seems to be their other stock answer, and a lot of people seem to not be able to clarify much beyond that..

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
3/1/11 12:51 a.m.
novaderrik wrote: regarding the subject of this thread: i've noticed that "Atlas Shrugged" is kind of a stock answer when you ask some people what they think is going on in the world and how they feel about it..

What if my stock answer is "42"?

Leach
Leach GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/1/11 1:35 a.m.

I just got used to the answer being Miata.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
3/1/11 5:29 a.m.
Salanis wrote:
novaderrik wrote: regarding the subject of this thread: i've noticed that "Atlas Shrugged" is kind of a stock answer when you ask some people what they think is going on in the world and how they feel about it..
What if my stock answer is "42"?

I wouldn't notice if you said that....not even if you were standing in front of a rocket ship disguised as an Italian bistro standing on it's side.....It must be somebody else's problem.

OTOH, I do hope that the path of my travels spells out rude words.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Dork
3/1/11 6:53 a.m.
novaderrik wrote: regarding the subject of this thread: i've noticed that "Atlas Shrugged" is kind of a stock answer when you ask some people what they think is going on in the world and how they feel about it.. as if everyone is supposed to have read it and interpreted it the same way they did. "The Creature from Jekyl Island" seems to be their other stock answer, and a lot of people seem to not be able to clarify much beyond that..

From where I stand, you hang around with some really unusual people!

Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
3/1/11 6:56 a.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: From where I stand, you hang around with some really unusual people!

dude really.. Look where you chose to hang out..

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
3/1/11 8:22 a.m.

Don't panic.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
3/1/11 8:29 a.m.

That book sucked. That is all I have to say on the subject.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/1/11 10:04 a.m.

If you guys want to read funny books that are good, unlike Atlas Shrugged which reads like someone spit on the pages, try Christopher Moore. Lamb and Fool are some of the best comedy books I've read. Lamb is about Jesus as told by his best friend Biff. Fool is Shakespeare but really damned funny and entertaining. About the polar opposite of actual Shakespeare.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8dxj13Bs22bhd0GgC7RIT6yH7SVKOaeIsJuVDqewreJqsLcTGh7hFICASPqi4BkZ