1 ... 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 ... 4726
N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
9/6/13 10:27 a.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: They think they're being clever - but when the weather blew in and it started snowhailfograining, guess who was sitting in their VW campervan making s'mores and hot chocolate? Ha!
I always pictured Keith as being a bit more... masculine.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/13 10:39 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
Brett_Murphy wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: They think they're being clever - but when the weather blew in and it started snowhailfograining, guess who was sitting in their VW campervan making s'mores and hot chocolate? Ha!

I'll bet it took two jacks and a raft of 2x6 chunks to get the car off the crown in the middle of the road.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/6/13 10:46 a.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/6/13 10:47 a.m.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
9/6/13 10:52 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
N Sperlo wrote:
Brett_Murphy wrote:
I'll bet it took two jacks and a raft of 2x6 chunks to get the car off the crown in the middle of the road.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/6/13 10:54 a.m.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
9/6/13 10:55 a.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/6/13 11:05 a.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/6/13 11:06 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:

HAppy day!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
9/6/13 11:09 a.m.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
9/6/13 11:16 a.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote:

Eh. I've seen Keith race in a Hurricane. Masculine enough?

photo DSCF2230.jpg

Unless he had s'mores and hot chocolate in the Targa Miata, that is ...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
9/6/13 11:33 a.m.
slantvaliant wrote:
Brett_Murphy wrote:
Eh. I've seen Keith race in a Hurricane. Masculine enough?  photo DSCF2230.jpg Unless he had s'mores and hot chocolate in the Targa Miata, that is ...

Were there sharks in it?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/6/13 11:50 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: I'll bet it took two jacks and a raft of 2x6 chunks to get the car off the crown in the middle of the road.

You're probably right. I appreciate women who understand cars.

Oh, and plus eleven on that Baja Miata. I've always wanted to drive something like that or a Baja Bug on the Outer Banks to shut up all of the idiots who INSIST you need a 4x4 to drive on sand, period.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/6/13 11:56 a.m.
slantvaliant wrote: Eh. I've seen Keith race in a Hurricane. Masculine enough?

It was the way he phrased the sentence and the picture. It could be read as "They think they are being clever, but when the weather blew in, I was sitting in the VW making s'mores and hot chocolate."

And then he posted a picture of a woman. It is clearly NOT Keith. I was expecting a picture of him making s'mores and hot chocolate. Hence, my comment.

This is why I'm not doing stand up.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/6/13 12:00 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote:
slantvaliant wrote: Eh. I've seen Keith race in a Hurricane. Masculine enough?
It was the way he phrased the sentence and the picture. It could be read as "They think they are being clever, but when the weather blew in, I was sitting in the VW making s'mores and hot chocolate." And then he posted a picture of a woman. It is clearly NOT Keith. I was expecting a picture of him making s'mores and hot chocolate. Hence, my comment. This is why I'm not doing stand up.

Yes, we got it and we're rolling with it because he's Canadian and therefore a good foil for boorish 'murican humor at his expense.

I suspect that "woman" was his lovely wife and co-driver.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/13 12:07 p.m.

Not only that, she was the reason we were making s'mores and hot chocolate Happy Janel is good.

If you search "manly Miata", you end up with a lot of links to a thread on GRM. This one is not in it.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
9/6/13 12:14 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Not only that, she was the reason we were making s'mores and hot chocolate Happy Janel is good. If you search "manly Miata", you end up with a lot of links to a thread on GRM. This one is not in it.

I don't think the plates are real.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
9/6/13 1:19 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
slantvaliant wrote:
Brett_Murphy wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: ... guess who was sitting in their VW campervan making s'mores and hot chocolate? Ha!
Eh. I've seen Keith race in a Hurricane. Masculine enough?
Were there sharks in it?

Cod, maybe.

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
9/6/13 2:23 p.m.

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
9/6/13 2:23 p.m.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/6/13 3:05 p.m.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
9/6/13 4:12 p.m.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/6/13 4:21 p.m.
The_Jed wrote:

Either the designer who was asked for the shower icon was a Dr. Who fan having some fun, or that sign's been tampered with...

Or perhaps it's just to indicate that the Daleks may also find the wheelchair-accessible route passable.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
9/6/13 4:36 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Let it sink in. You'll laugh.

I don't get it so I'm not laughing.

Now this is a funny photo and it doesn't need explaining.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
9/6/13 4:37 p.m.

1 ... 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 ... 4726

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HrGf1oyXGlsxNVXQqHT1FtwWKSlKCTX3tzd6upyPJqA8cV1UmlSnRyvg8LNPB3Gv