1 ... 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 ... 4729
aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
1/13/14 6:45 p.m.

mthomson22
mthomson22 SuperDork
1/13/14 7:17 p.m.

SE Quadangle. Had one back in the day. Rode it through the pits when the Jag Nationals came to Market Square in Indy back in '81. Rode warm up laps with Harry Leary and Bob Haro.

Ransom wrote:
Swank Force One wrote:
"...your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should." Unrelated:
Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/13/14 7:25 p.m.

In reply to mthomson22:

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/14 7:55 p.m.

The Brunnhoelzls were big in Modifieds on Long Island before going south.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/14 8:52 p.m.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/14/14 8:06 a.m.
Ransom wrote: What I'm wondering is... Neither of the vehicles involved is exactly... quick. Or small. How did this happen? And did anybody go for a really, really horrible ride in the Cat?

Probably what happened is that the Cat had been moving earth around that the bucket wheel excavator had been dumping and then left it parked in the wrong spot. It isn't uncommon for those things to get their tops taking off by the corners of cab of a spinning dragline after the start moving.

I work on proximity detection systems for mining equipment. You would be amazed at some of the accidents that happen.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/14/14 8:36 a.m.

I was into imports back in the day.

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
1/14/14 8:51 a.m.
Ransom wrote: In reply to mthomson22:

When the producers of "Joe Kid on a Stingray" were hunting down a narrator for the documentary, they were looking for someone known who had a personal involvement in BMX. They narrowed it down to Slash and Jesse James and Slash's reliablility worried them. . . Jesse James not only signed on as narrator, but also executive producer in association with his production company Pay Up Sucker, Inc. James with Stu Thomson and wife Tanya (Nee. Hill. . . yes, that Hill). In an interview with James during the "Blue Carpet" Hollywood premere, he stated that one of the highlights of his time in BMX was when he got to see Harry Leary. . . up close. . . at the finish line. . . throwing his bike out of anger!

Yea, Harry was known for being a bit "High Strung".

Recent pic of Harry along with SE pro legend Perry "PK" Kramer and Mongoose pro legend Cash Mathiews. In '07, Leary reclassed from Senior Pro to Amature and still gets flo from GHP and also is a track operator.

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
1/14/14 9:05 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
I was into imports back in the day.

Ha! Over my rest and recoup, I pulled a complete Super Speed out of Boots and Son's in Moosic that just needed a clean up and tune up for scrap price! Of course it needs the usual perishables like tires, seat, grip tape, etc.

Thinking of going half hipster and putting a Brooks seat, tape and bag on it. Don't worry, won't go full hipster and make it a fixie!

(Not actual bike, but oblig. H/L)

1/14/14 9:11 a.m.

In reply to phaze1todd:

That is a nice score - Boots is only about 10 miles from me.

Unrelated:

Rad_Capz
Rad_Capz HalfDork
1/14/14 9:18 a.m.

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/MVC-024F.jpg.html][/URL]

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/14 9:24 a.m.

Never raced BMX, I just goofed around on a department store special with plastic star shaped wheels and a coaster brake. That was one tough bike.

But I did race mountain bikes. New England (Australia) regional champion in 1990.

mthomson22
mthomson22 SuperDork
1/14/14 9:43 a.m.

mthomson22
mthomson22 SuperDork
1/14/14 9:44 a.m.

mthomson22
mthomson22 SuperDork
1/14/14 9:44 a.m.

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
1/14/14 9:54 a.m.
mthomson22 wrote:

OK. . . gotta ask. . . your screen name. . . are you related???

slefain
slefain UltraDork
1/14/14 9:57 a.m.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
1/14/14 10:03 a.m.

Met this guy yesterday. That is carved from a piece of wood.

http://www.dennishoyt.com/

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
1/14/14 10:04 a.m.
mthomson22 wrote:

This used to hang on my bedroom wall.

Funny part was the owners of the Cab's! L to R: Jim Jannard, founder of Oakley, Inc.; Linn Kastan, founder of Redline Bicycles; Bob Osborne, founder of Wizard Publications (BMX Action, Freestyle)

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
1/14/14 10:11 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: In reply to phaze1todd: That is a nice score - Boots is only about 10 miles from me. Unrelated:

Have we had this discussion before? (When I'm home)Boots is 3-4 blocks from me.

Related to unrelated:

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
1/14/14 10:19 a.m.
slefain wrote:

Tell you what. . . she did her own riding in the closing credits. She was holding her own.

1/14/14 10:20 a.m.
phaze1todd wrote: Have we had this discussion before? (When I'm home)Boots is 3-4 blocks from me.

Yes. I believe we have. It involved the headquarters where something like this used to be found (related to unrelated narrative):

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
1/14/14 10:26 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Never raced BMX, I just goofed around on a department store special with plastic star shaped wheels and a coaster brake. That was one tough bike. But I did race mountain bikes. New England (Australia) regional champion in 1990.

"department store special with plastic star shaped wheels and a coaster brake."

Keith, that's a perfect description of the coveted Schwinn Mag Scrambler:

Love me some mid school mtb stuff. What was your ride there?

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
1/14/14 10:35 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
phaze1todd wrote: Have we had this discussion before? (When I'm home)Boots is 3-4 blocks from me.
Yes. I believe we have. It involved the headquarters where something like this used to be found (related to unrelated narrative):

Ah, yes. . .

(individuals responsible for related narrative to unrelated hotlink have been sacked.):

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
1/14/14 10:46 a.m.

1 ... 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 ... 4729

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oMqVSrA8o6qZO27xaWJab4qhbBPriBMlnX2Dyx8BFY5iPCvLdQQdJftGRDJRf6k5