Donebrokeit Dork
2/8/15 4:24 p.m.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
2/8/15 4:27 p.m.
wbjones wrote:
Toyman01 wrote:
that's funny

I don't. It creates a feeling of inadequacy and supplants the stereotype that working at McDonald's means your a failure.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-question-youre-not-asking-should-you-go-to-college/

Skervey
Skervey Reader
2/8/15 5:31 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
JamesMcD wrote: How does that happen?
Well, either you bump a rock, or bump a log... I used to go through two or three rear derailleurs a month. I see that they've dispensed with the theory of the replaceable derailleur bracket. Nobody ever stocked them, and the derailleurs always bent/broke before the little bracket did anyway.

Same here I broke a few of them when I rode. This was the outcome of the last time it snapped.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/15 5:35 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote:
wbjones wrote:
Toyman01 wrote:
that's funny
I don't. It creates a feeling of inadequacy and supplants the stereotype that working at McDonald's means your a failure. http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-question-youre-not-asking-should-you-go-to-college/

Anyone that thinks "do you want fries with that" is a career, might want to rethink their life choices.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/8/15 5:50 p.m.
Donebrokeit wrote:

Argument for the above statement.

Argument against above statement and yes I know her normal ride doesn't have 3 pedals but she has won plenty with them.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/15 6:01 p.m.
Donebrokeit wrote:

All these "Girls" and many of the folks here think you're a bit a berk:

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/8/15 6:15 p.m.
Skervey wrote: Same here I broke a few of them when I rode. This was the outcome of the last time it snapped.

Um.... OW.

And here I thought I was hardcore because I stuck two Craig's Links in my chain in such a way that I could shorten the chain without tools, so I could run on the 32/21 sprockets and keep on trucking.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/15 6:29 p.m.
bastomatic wrote: In reply to JamesMcD: Broken derailer? Happens all the time. I can't believe these are going for $50k plus.

There's just not anything quite like them. Where else are you going to find a camper that space efficient for any less? They're pretty unusual. They can also park in a normal parking space and get into places that a bigger RV just won't fit.

Of course, $50k plus is the top of the market - that's a fully restored GoWesty or one being listed by someone who's a bit too proud of their bus. A friend just bought a Subaru-powered one that's in pretty much perfect shape for $20k, and I've got less than $10k in my Subaru-powered Westy. We're not exactly slumming it.

Will
Will SuperDork
2/8/15 7:26 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: It creates a feeling of inadequacy and supplants the stereotype that working at McDonald's means your a failure.

Because it's a hotlinking thread:

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
2/8/15 7:55 p.m.

One half crocked pic is all it takes to resurrect the GGA post back in a sec..

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/15 8:12 p.m.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
2/8/15 8:20 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

Didn't say it was a career, but I've known quite a few people who had the attitude that working a fast food counter was "beneath" them (when they couldn't find a job otherwise) because of similar acts.

In reply to Will:

I deserve that.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
2/8/15 8:32 p.m.
Skervey wrote:
Knurled wrote:
JamesMcD wrote: How does that happen?
Well, either you bump a rock, or bump a log... I used to go through two or three rear derailleurs a month. I see that they've dispensed with the theory of the replaceable derailleur bracket. Nobody ever stocked them, and the derailleurs always bent/broke before the little bracket did anyway.
Same here I broke a few of them when I rode. This was the outcome of the last time it snapped.

Back when I used to do lots of cycling it was common on a club ride to hear chains grinding followed by someone screaming "Shimano E36M3!"

Weird thing was 90% of the club members had Shimano derailleurs, even though the local shop stocked everything. I saw one guy's chain fall between 2 gears during a REALLY steep hill climb- it stopped him dead in his tracks and he just tipped over in slow motion!

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/15 8:42 p.m.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
2/8/15 8:57 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote:

Is GRM making its own line of tools now? That is the best thing I've ever seen.

Wally
2/8/15 9:08 p.m.

Wally
2/8/15 9:08 p.m.

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado HalfDork
2/8/15 9:11 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote:
Toyman01 wrote:

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/15 9:39 p.m.
Donebrokeit wrote: One half crocked pic is all it takes to resurrect the GGA post back in a sec..

Wouldn't that be half-frocked?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
2/8/15 9:44 p.m.
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado wrote:
Spoolpigeon wrote:
Toyman01 wrote:

It's...German. Does it have a maintenance schedule too?

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UltraDork
2/8/15 11:16 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote:
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado wrote:
Spoolpigeon wrote:
Toyman01 wrote:
It's...German. Does it have a maintenance schedule too?

The Wera Koloss is german

So is the Wurth

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/8/15 11:46 p.m.

I thought Harbor Freight was the only place that had ratchets that became hammers.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/8/15 11:47 p.m.

1 ... 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 ... 4728

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FT5sNeuZqmsLvGGa8d1tRSqAEmBccdM70sqNcGg5ODIBeMv0f690UCUlmqM9kOpW