1 ... 3655 3656 3657 3658 3659 ... 4669
Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/13/18 10:10 a.m.

Well, OK, but I was trying to find a small 4-door sedan with similar cabin layout to the Snyder to prove it can be done.  Any single-front-wheel trike that's not a converted motorcycle, with the passenger / engine weight mostly on the rear wheels, is going to be tippy.  I can't imagine any engineering reasons (or, frankly, cost reasons) that outweigh the disadvantages.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/13/18 10:46 a.m.
mblommel said:
Duke said:
Wally said:

This was next to me in traffic today. I’ve never seen anything look so unsteady driving along.

I've never understood why so many of these little "I'm a car pretending to be a motorcycle" 3-wheelers go with the single wheel in front.  It is clearly more stable to go with a rear-engine design with a single fixed rear wheel and bipedal front.  And how different would the packaging be?  Build it like a Smart with a single rear wheel.

How could this:

possibly drive as well as this:

I know there are plenty of examples with 2 front wheels.  But why are there even ANY with only one?

YUCK. here's a picture of a good three wheeler to cleanse the metal palate:

FTFY laugh

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/13/18 2:34 p.m.

Sparkydog
Sparkydog Reader
9/13/18 5:36 p.m.

This one seems stable.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/13/18 5:44 p.m.
stanger_missle said:
mblommel said:
Duke said:
Wally said:

This was next to me in traffic today. I’ve never seen anything look so unsteady driving along.

I've never understood why so many of these little "I'm a car pretending to be a motorcycle" 3-wheelers go with the single wheel in front.  It is clearly more stable to go with a rear-engine design with a single fixed rear wheel and bipedal front.  And how different would the packaging be?  Build it like a Smart with a single rear wheel.

How could this:

I know there are plenty of examples with 2 front wheels.  But why are there even ANY with only one?

FTFY laugh

Because Cessna.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/13/18 6:08 p.m.
stanger_missle said:
mblommel said:
Duke said:
Wally said:

How could this:

FTFY laugh

Meh, the Morgan is nice and all but the GX3 was having it's suspension developed by Lotus and a target price well under $20k. It would have really been something if it had been made. Ah well. 

GX3 Lotus Development Spy Shots

RossD
RossD MegaDork
9/13/18 6:28 p.m.

Only yards down the road and notice both the tire feeling weird and seconds later getting slapped in the face by the info screen. Only 19 psi. Changed the tire with the space saver. Drove with spare on the rear and kept it under 50 mph. I could feel the dif was a little choppy. On 17 miles to home and even stopped halfway and got gas. The spare was definitely warmer than the others. 

Found the offending nail. I will try to grt fixed tomorrow. But I had to take this just for fun shot:

I dont think it'll work.

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
9/13/18 7:27 p.m.

Parked outside the X just before the Bruno Mars concert.

Sorry for the light pole.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/13/18 7:38 p.m.

In reply to drainoil :

You've already got the first CL-quality pic for when you sell!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/13/18 7:45 p.m.

In reply to drainoil :

It's like a Mazda ad

fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
9/13/18 8:36 p.m.
mblommel said:
stanger_missle said:
mblommel said:
Duke said:
Wally said:

How could this:

FTFY laugh

Meh, the Morgan is nice and all but the GX3 was having it's suspension developed by Lotus and a target price well under $20k. It would have really been something if it had been made. Ah well. 

GX3 Lotus Development Spy Shots

I'm biased, but if we are going to talk about proper 3 wheelers, we need this:

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/18 8:48 p.m.

The Brits really seemed to hate adding a fourth wheel to things.

stroker
stroker UltraDork
9/13/18 9:23 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

It's the same national quirk that gave us these guys, though...

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/13/18 11:08 p.m.
Wally said:

That's a heck of a thing. I guess in this case the fifth wheel is the fourth wheel. But is it still a motorcycle for tax and license purposes?

Which again made me think once again of Hotblack Desiato spending a year dead for tax purposes. When I looked for an image, I found this real estate agent in London, which I suppose was less odd than stumbling into it in real life was, as I was at least looking for something Hotblack-related... (Apologies to non-Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy fans)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/13/18 11:37 p.m.

3 wheels ALL American can be proud of.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
9/13/18 11:44 p.m.
914Driver said:

Good lord...

There's an Excalibur in the background...

Kill it with fire!

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
9/14/18 8:36 a.m.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
9/14/18 9:02 a.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/14/18 9:15 a.m.
Ransom said:
Wally said:

That's a heck of a thing. I guess in this case the fifth wheel is the fourth wheel. But is it still a motorcycle for tax and license purposes?

Which again made me think once again of Hotblack Desiato spending a year dead for tax purposes. When I looked for an image, I found this real estate agent in London, which I suppose was less odd than stumbling into it in real life was, as I was at least looking for something Hotblack-related... (Apologies to non-Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy fans)

Nice, I wonder if anyone has come after them for Tax evasion?

Image result for hot black desiato ship

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/14/18 11:03 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Because Cessna.

Nice try.  Still better with the wheels in the right orientation:

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
9/14/18 12:20 p.m.
RossD said:

I dont think it'll work.

*sure* it will! MOAR SAWZALL!   :)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/14/18 4:39 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Hahaha. No one's ever ground looped a taildragger.

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
9/14/18 5:24 p.m.
Ransom said:

In reply to drainoil :

You've already got the first CL-quality pic for when you sell!

Lol yes indeed but it was just a randomly parked Sub I happened across, wasnt mine. Ideally would have been able take my time to stand and focus for that perfect shot. However we had to keep moving as there were some unsavory types behind us we wanted to put some distance to. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/15/18 6:53 a.m.

1961 Holiday House.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/15/18 6:53 a.m.

1 ... 3655 3656 3657 3658 3659 ... 4669

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qMBim03FXQ0ogFUSG0aU7eVYEvGMws813dp2B2gPDktN4JTASrABMjTdtgGvZvJx